• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender2FSX/P3D (v0.9.5 onwards)

Country
malaysia
Hello MANOCHVARMA,

I have a small suggestion, it would be really nice if we could
save settings that are applied to the materials.

Copying and pasting a material setting is not the solution for
FSX / P3D settings in Blender.

For example in MCX, we create a template or we
save a setting:

View attachment 42486

Then just apply a saved setting:

View attachment 42487

I hope that it will be possible
Thank you very much for taking in hand this magic tool :)

Good luck,
Hi,

That's a good idea too. I need to figure out how the codes work for this. Anyway will mark it in my to do list.

Country
malaysia
Hi MANOCHVARMA RAMAN.
I have not used 3DS for a very long time.The picture that I put in the previous post comes from the SDK.I have .x, .mdl and .xanim files from the ModelConverterX program.
I hope that you will find them useful.
I am sending three sets of files - .x, .mdl and .xanim in mcx.zip :
-attachpoints only- contains only attachpoints and nothing more (no objects,materials or other).
-no attachpoints- is an example of an aircraft carrier model with no attachpoints.
-with attachpoints - this is an example of an aircraft carrier with attachpoints. I tested it in P3D v4 and everything works as it should.
And testcarrier.zip- directory with a set of files to be tested in P3D or FSX.
The aircraft carrier I send is a very simple model made by me in thirty minutes, so please do not laugh ... ;)

Best regards.
Hi Kowal5376,

Thanks for the file. I have found the location of the attach points in the .x file. Next, I need to figure out how to make it work in blender. Anyway, I will check it out and try to work on it in near future.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Country
poland
Hello everyone! ;)
It is my first post on this group and I would be grateful if someone could me help. I can't export files with Blender to .mdl :( I tried do it for windows 10, 8.1, 7 and virtual box. I used a lot of version of Blender2FSX and a lot of installation ways and still nothing. I can generate .x files but not .mdl. Would a person be found who generate .mdl files for me? It is very, very important for me. Please help.

Country
malaysia
Hello everyone! ;)
It is my first post on this group and I would be grateful if someone could me help. I can't export files with Blender to .mdl :( I tried do it for windows 10, 8.1, 7 and virtual box. I used a lot of version of Blender2FSX and a lot of installation ways and still nothing. I can generate .x files but not .mdl. Would a person be found who generate .mdl files for me? It is very, very important for me. Please help.
Is there any errors shown when you exporting the mdl from blender?

Country
poland
I found a lot of people who have the same error, but I have not found the solution.

Attachments

• 40.png
    40.png
    79 KB · Views: 362
Country
malaysia
I found a lot of people who have the same error, but I have not found the solution.
Have you try change the file name differently? Meaning do not use similar file name as you saved before.
Example: if you saved a file as “Scenery 1” on first attempt, try different name on the next attempt as “Scenery 2”.

Last edited:
Country
poland
Yes, I have tried. I I had even tried to do exactly as on krispy1001 videos and I still see the same error. I have tried to export a lot of models, not only one.

Country
poland
Have you try change the file name differently? Meaning do not use similar file name as you saved before.
Example: if you saved a file as “Scenery 1” on first attempt, try different name on the next attempt as “Scenery 2”.
I have tried a lot of names. It isn't problem with this and I think that generally it isn't problem with a model, because I can't export nothing. I wanted to export cubes and other simple models but I always see the error.

Country
denmark
It looks a lot like the error I get if decimal point is not set to "." in Windows.

Maybe try checking that?

(Also, your Blender version 2.70 may be a bit old, but I don't know if that matters for the toolset to work properly.).

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello...

The latest tool "Blender2FSX/P3D", if I remember correctly should be used for version Blender 2.77 and after.... Try upgrading Blender first and as MANOCHVARMA stated changing the filename maybe even texture names. Special characters are not liked by XToMDL. That what the error is coming from.

Last edited:
Country
canada
Yes you need Blender 2.77 or better. They change the file naming with extensions function and I updated Blender2FSX with changes to fix that in ver .08x

Country
poland
It looks a lot like the error I get if decimal point is not set to "." in Windows.

Maybe try checking that?

(Also, your Blender version 2.70 may be a bit old, but I don't know if that matters for the toolset to work properly.).
Thank you very much. You've just solved my huge problem. I know it seems very simple, but I did not realize that it must be changed. Thank you again.

I tried a lot of version Blender and it was not problem with this. I have just exported simple cube to .mdl and used 2.70. But of course I will switch to a newer version.

Country
poland
Thank you to everyone who wanted to help me.

Now I will try to export more complicated model and I will tell you if everything is fine.

Country
poland
I still have a problem. I don't see the model in FSX. Sometime export works only when I have nothing select in 3D View, but I must select "Export Selection", but not always.

Attachments

• 50.PNG
    50.PNG
    286.1 KB · Views: 332
  • 51.PNG
    51.PNG
    140.9 KB · Views: 340
  • 52.PNG
    52.PNG
    3.8 KB · Views: 333
  • 55.PNG
    55.PNG
    160.4 KB · Views: 349
  • 59.PNG
    59.PNG
    295.1 KB · Views: 327
  • 58.PNG
    58.PNG
    113.3 KB · Views: 291
  • 57.PNG
    57.PNG
    80 KB · Views: 279
  • 56.PNG
    56.PNG
    173 KB · Views: 334
Country
poland
I don't know what I should write in FSX File Properties. Correct .mdl files had written 0,0,0,0,0,0 or 1,1,1,0,0,0.

Attachments

• 43.PNG
    43.PNG
    14.4 KB · Views: 342
Country
germany
Hello to everybody :)

I am just into blender Modeling
so far i have modeled a view basic objekts and exported them via Direkt.x
then i compiled the .x file with MCX to FSX.mdl and everything worked fine

now i want to understand how i can export animation into fsx

Quetions ?

1. Do i need to create a timeline for the objekt before exporting it ?
If it is so !

2. Do i need to create a timeline for each direction ( forward and reverse ) ?

The wheels should spin if i tell the objekt to move forward into y Achse direction, and
spin oposite direction when i tell the objekt to move reverse on the y Achse

i created a working 4wheel animation to test in fsx !
by press g than y it is moving as it schould in blender )

so far: i can not export the animation

but i dont know where my mistake is

i can also offer the wheelanimation.blend file

but uploding it did not work it is to big

is there another way to provide the animation ?

greetings slide
Screenshot (38).png
Screenshot (39).png
Screenshot (40).png
Screenshot (41).png

Last edited: