• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender2FSX/P3D (v0.9.5 onwards)

Yes, but in Blender, with Blender2FSXP3D ultimate version, I can not use a value less than 1 ...! 0.40 = 1 :p

Why are you not be able to use value less than 1? I can even enter 0.01 in the reflection scale.

Capture.JPG

Yes, but in Blender, with Blender2FSXP3D ultimate version, I can not use a value less than 1 ...! 0.40 = 1 :p
Please try redownloading and reinstalling the toolkit Chris. That feature was changed a couple of days ago, without incrementing the version number (basically because I had the same issue as you).

I do not know why! But at home, 0.01 becomes 0, and 0.5 becomes 1 ...
You should download the latest Blender2FSX/P3D (v0.94) from 1st post and reinstall it. I have mentioned that in post number #14
Please try redownloading and reinstalling the toolkit Chris. That feature was changed a couple of days ago, without incrementing the version number (basically because I had the same issue as you).
Thank you JP for pointing out that. The version number will not be changed until there are major changes/new feature updates. Please be informed that if there are new file updated, that will be pointed out in the first post under edit section with Date and Description of the new updates.

Last edited:
Hello Manochvarma Raman, thank you very much for your work on the Blender2FSXP3D toolset.
I have just downloaded the new version and have started using it with no problems.
Beautiful work, thanks again.

Rob

Manochvarma Raman,

Here is a nit-pick regarding something to do with the item you replied to in post # 19.

I haven't used the toolset for quite some time, so the version I had installed was 0.8.7.

I now have 0.9.4.

That old version and prior versions to it had the wording "No Base Material Specular" under the Enhanced Parameters area. Somewhere along the way, that got changed to "Do Not Use Specular Map".

You mentioned in the OP that:
Major changes on the arrangement of materials. This version will follow the exact arrangement of Arno's Model Converter X. So, you wont see any different when switching between Blender2FSX/P3D and MCX.

You will see that MCX has the wording "No base material specular". That is how the option is shown in the SDK, although that hasn't much to do with Blender.

Should you decide to change this, you can find the text on line 258 of the FSX_Material4FSX-P3D.py file.

Manochvarma Raman,

Here is a nit-pick regarding something to do with the item you replied to in post # 19.

I haven't used the toolset for quite some time, so the version I had installed was 0.8.7.

I now have 0.9.4.

That old version and prior versions to it had the wording "No Base Material Specular" under the Enhanced Parameters area. Somewhere along the way, that got changed to "Do Not Use Specular Map".

You mentioned in the OP that:

You will see that MCX has the wording "No base material specular". That is how the option is shown in the SDK, although that hasn't much to do with Blender.

Should you decide to change this, you can find the text on line 258 of the FSX_Material4FSX-P3D.py file.
Hi Dave,

I am aware of this. Changing the name is not a big deal. I am looking forward to follow the exact value presentation as the MCX does. If you load your .mdl or .x file (exported from this toolset) into MCX, you will find it inverse the value from what you have chose in the toolset. So, I am looking forward to write the code that will inverse the value so when you import the .mdl or .x file, it will give similar value presentation as MCX does currently. Once I did that, I will change the name as in the MCX and will update the file on the 1st post.

Hi Dave,
I have updated this now. It works exactly as MCX now. You can download it on the first post.

Thank you.

In another thread I talked about my Blender-made animations not working in FSX after the 12th of January, for some darn reason. After installing the 9.4 update, they work again in FSX! Excellent!

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\craig\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\io_scene_fsx\__init__.py", line 137, in execute
from . import import_fsx
ImportError: cannot import name 'import_fsx'

Any ideas why this is happening? I am trying to import an MDL file?

Thank you

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hello...

I don't think the tool-set can import... only export... you might wish to try MCX to import/export to a format in which Blender can read.

The import code is a remnant of an older version of FSX2Blender. It should be removed from the python code base.

@MANOCHVARMA RAMAN

In the init.py remove the

class ImportFSX(bpy.types.Operator, ImportHelper):

and references in register and unregister.

Ron

Pyscen

Resource contributor
The import code is a remnant of an older version of FSX2Blender. It should be removed from the python code base.

@MANOCHVARMA RAMAN

Ron

Hello Ron...

Can you be more specific on the references in register and unregister?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\craig\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\io_scene_fsx\__init__.py", line 137, in execute
from . import import_fsx
ImportError: cannot import name 'import_fsx'

Any ideas why this is happening? I am trying to import an MDL file?

Thank you
As Doug mentioned, this toolset is designed only to export the model to .md/.bgl file.

@MANOCHVARMA RAMAN

Ron
Hi Ron,

Thanks for pointing this out. I have made the changes. Will upload the updated file tonight.

Quick question? Why importing freeware aircraft that have smooth lines, when it imports to blender it looks very blocky. Thank you