• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender2FSX/P3D (v0.9.5 onwards)

Ronald

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi

Is it possible to implement the P3D 1.4 SDK ? I wish to compile a large model, previously successfully done with FSDS. I can get the model to compile using the current P3D 2. setting and the 2.5 SDK however the model "cannot be displayed" in FSX. I understand the P3D 1.4 SDK will compile large models and is compatible with FSX.

Many thanks

Country
france
Good day.
I have followed a lot of tutorials on this group and youtube about animate with blender for P3D.
Animation is working well in blender, i think i have understood the assign to object function but i have an error with export the mdl who don't work.
I have the P3DV4.3 SDK installed . Is it the reason of my export issue ? Do i need another P3D SDK ?
I have the last FXP3D blender toolset (0.9.4)
Thank you very much for your help .
Kem

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello...

It would be helpful to know what errors you are getting... also, You said you had P3D v4.3 SDK installed, does that mean you are creating a model for P3D v4.3 or is it for another version of FS that you have installed?

Country
france
Hello, thanks for the help,
Yes i create for P3Dv4.3 and have P3DV4.3 , as well as blender on the same computer with only one SSD . all on defaut directories.
I retried from 0 with the defaut blender cube.
-Created smalll animation by added a Path curve and object constraint.
-Change end to 1024 / inserted start keyframe at 0 and the end keyframe at 1024 ; added 40 keyframes between start and the end : animation is working well.
-From Blender2FSX/P3D : Use P3D SDK / ver4x SDK selected ; Initialize P3D tool set done.
-Selected my objet ,on Ambient > clicked assign : It appears now FSX Properties /Ambient tag :Ambient . I changed the lengh in 0-1024
-I go to export : DirectX for FSX/P3D(.x) and it result in this :

blender-issueedit.jpg

(lenght on this screen is on 0 but tested with 0-1024)

Best regards,

Last edited:
Country
france
Back to you,
Change the Lenght to 1024 result in no erros in the export now !
animation is working on mcx !
Sorry i don't know i was so close after all this weeks...
i will now try with my vehicule object and report.
Best regards

Last edited:
Country
france
Ok, so i tried to do exactly the same with my vehicule and it result in this :

blender-issue2.jpg

Thank you for your help.
Regards

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello...

The vehicle - is it for FSX? What version of the FS are the models for?

Is this for FS steam?

Country
france
Like i said , all is for P3Dv4.3.
The defaut cube from blender work but my bus from Sketchup no .animation is working in blender but i can't export.
For my scenery project

Country
france
Do not hesitate to join your .blend so that we help you as best as possible.

It's a bit like cars today (all electronics)
The fault can come as well from the hose "gasoline" that the silencer of the muffler :)

The most concrete would be to study your .blend file

-If you have assigned a "material" on your object?

Regards,

Country
france
Sorry join what ? and where ?
My objects came from sketchup. Maybe something with the materials. I have just loaded the ADE vehicule file (who included the textures)
I am testing with a simple cube but from sketchup to see if i can recreate the same good result that i am able to have with the blender defaut cube .
Thanks for the help .
Regards

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
He was referring to including your .blend file (attach it to here).

It appears that you didn't initialize with the proper FS within blender. The error is referring to FSX and not P3D v4.3.

You will have to tell us each step you did within the .blend file and how you exported it from blender (using the plugin). From the beginning to the end, please.

Country
france
That's what i did :

Created smalll animation by added a Path curve and object constraint.
-Change end to 1024 / inserted start keyframe at 0 and the end keyframe at 1024 ; added 40 keyframes between start and the end : animation is working well.
-From Blender2FSX/P3D : Use P3D SDK / ver4x SDK selected ; Initialize P3D tool set done.
-Selected my objet ,on Ambient > clicked assign : It appears now FSX Properties /Ambient tag :Ambient . I changed the lengh in 1024
-I go to export : DirectX for FSX/P3D(.x)

it work with defaut blender cube but not with my bus

With the last blender version 2.79 and the last Blender2FSX/P3D tool (0.9.4) .
do you have more ? I understand that blender2FS tool work for both.

Ok i will add it after be sure off all.
I am testing now with a simple cube from Sketchup

Country
france
Hello,
There is no other simulators that a clean P3DV4.3 on my computer.
The fsx notes are linked to the Blender2FS tool kit i think because it work for FSX and P3D .
There is no link or setting error linked to FSX . Blender FS tool is automaticly detect my 4.3 SDK .
It works perfect with the blender defaut cube.
This morning i have verified , materials are linked et configured as required in the Blender2 FS Tool kit manual.
I have tested with a simple cube design from sketchup , exported as ADE , and i have exaclty the same error . ( Related to last sketchup cam view ..)
Maybe whe can only do animation with blender objects...
I will try with a blender object now to confirm it.
Regards

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello...

Did you,... after setting the keyframes - also set it to interpolation -> to linear?

Country
france
Hello,
No , sorry where is that function ?
i am curently searching.
thank you.
It seems there is issues with sketchup models in general.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello...

I'm not sure what you mean by SketchUp models... models within SketchUp would have to be brought into Blender for you to animate them... Sketchup can't be used directly for animation with FSX or P3D.

Have you setup Keyframes for any of the animations?

To change the animation to Interpolation -> linear you can do so from the Dope sheet... open up another screen and change it to the Dope sheet.
From the dope sheet, you will click on Key tab -> Interpolation Mode -> Linear

You will need to do this to all animations that have KeyFrames.

Country
france
Hello Pyscen,
Yes my objects are made on sketchup... so i tried to import ADE to animate one of them from now into blender.. yes Sketchup can't be used to animate on FSX P3D from what i know..

"To change the animation to Interpolation -> linear you can do so from the Dope sheet... open up another screen and change it to the Dope sheet.
From the dope sheet, you will click on Key tab -> Interpolation Mode -> Linear"

Ok thank you , i am not really familiar with blender and don't see what is dope sheet ... If you have any screen for help it will be very nice. I will search tomorow .thank you very much for your help !

Yes i set a lot of keyframes betweenn 0 et 1024

Regards