• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender2FSX/P3D (v0.9.5 onwards)

Country
france
Hello,
Found it , it change nothing for the error with Sketchup models but i will test today with a blender object.

Country
france
I am happy to tell you that i was able to animate a blender model vehicule in the sim !! (P3DV4.3)
-It rest just fiew things , i have applied all advised settings to the FSX/P3D materials ; but under the light (in the sim sun light) texture is to much white (almost unreadable) ... in the night no problems , do you think it is a blender setting to apply or i can do it from MCX ?

-I a m searching to do a loop path now and have difficulties to do a flat path...

Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello...

Glad you got it somewhat working... the brightness of the object in question has to do with textures, not Blender or MCX etc...

Country
france
Ok i will look the texture , any idea ? it looks like a LM texture at night ..curious (not my object )
the same for do a loop path ,don't find..

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
You're asking me to guess.... on someone else's model... sorry but I can't help you there.

You're asking me to guess about this path? Is this someone else's as well? If so... Again, I can not help you.

Country
france
Sorry for my english..
No after all the issues , i have imported a free blender object , no worry i will search for the texture , if i ask is because i was thinking you know about it.
i will add screens so you can be sure it is not linked to blender.
About the path , i am new in blender and after look a lot of tutorials , i still miss some features in blender , sorry for my bad knowledge on that software.
Thank you to take time for help me.
I find very complicated the methods to animate in P3D..
Best regards

Country
france
Hi,
I am very sorry but I don't find how to set values for texture "specular level". I got something like 96.xxxx.
Thank's for your answer!
JMC

Country
unitedstates
Ok, I've installed the add-on. Everything seems to be working ok, so I know I did it correctly. BUT, I need help getting my model (with textures) into P3D!. I cannot find any YouTube videos, or on line instruction on how to get the model from blender to P3d WITH TEXTURES. I've found a bunch on creating the model, and texturing it, but nothing about actually exporting it into FSX or P3D.

I have successfully created the model, and successfully textured (in blender) the model and it renders properly in blender. I export it, and using ModelConverterX, I see the model, but no textures! The first page of this post has some instructions, but they are sadly convoluted and hard to follow as to what I need to have checked off, and what NOT to have checked off prior to exporting.

Is there anyone out there that can write or has a step by step approach to this? Step 1, push this button, step 2, make sure these are checked, step 3, export, etc...

Thanks,

TB2

Last edited:
Country
malaysia
Ok, I've installed the add-on. Everything seems to be working ok, so I know I did it correctly. BUT, I need help getting my model (with textures) into P3D!. I cannot find any YouTube videos, or on line instruction on how to get the model from blender to P3d. I've found a bunch on creating the model, and texturing it, but nothing about actually exporting it into FSX or P3D.

I have successfully created the model, and successfully textured (in blender) the model and it renders properly in blender. I export it, and using ModelConverterX, I see the model, but no textures! The first page of this post has some instructions, but they are sadly convoluted and hard to follow as to what I need to have checked off, and what NOT to have checked off prior to exporting.

Is there anyone out there that can write or has a step by step approach to this? Step 1, push this button, step 2, make sure these are checked, step 3, export, etc...

Thanks,

TB2

Hi,

If you thick the appropriate slots according to the numbers, you will successfully export the models with texture.

Texture Mapping Settings.jpg

I hope this helps you.

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Well, yes and no. I don't see an "influence" section, but do see some of the other stuff you have shown. Am I supposed to add a textue node? It's the only thing that will allow me to show anything.

I am new to blender, but have many years experience with gmax. This is why I need a step by step approach. I'm not sure exactly how to load textures for P3d and must still be missing something.

Also, will blender work with extended bitmaps, I can only get a .dds file to work as my texture. I only have one image file loaded, (not sure how to load all 3 or 4 at the same time)

I am using blender 2.79

Last edited:
Country
malaysia
I am not sure about the nodes since i never used that before. You should see the Influence tab by default when you starts blender. Influence section is the switch to make the texture map accordingly and export to (.x) file. Without using the influence section, you will not be able to see the texture when loading in MCX. I'm not sure why its missing on your blender. Maybe you can search on google or YouTube to bring back that if it is hiding somewhere else.

You cant use DDS format in Blender but BMP format works well. You need to convert the texture into DDS for the use in simulator.

You may add as many texture as you wanted :

1. Click the row below of the Texture 1 (this is just a sample name. It can be any name that you have set on your blender)
1560533387342.png

2. Click NEW and create a texture name as your desire.
1560533406635.png

3. IMAGE section: Click on + NEW or Open and select your texture. After that follow as I mentioned in the image in previous post.
1560533589632.png

I hope someone who are familiar with NODE can guide you if there are other ways to map texture using NODES. Hope this helps you.

Country
unitedstates
Ok. I managed to make my textures / material work. It sure is a learning curve! The information given above was a good clue and did manage to help me complete it. I do have a couple of other questions.

1. The exported texture is a .dds file. I cannot get the extended bitmaps to work in blender.

2. The image has to be flipped vertically for it to show up in ModelConverterX (and P3D) properly, but when doing the UV map in blender, the unwrapped sides of my object have to be placed on the texture in the place where the item of concern was prior to flipping it upside down. (hope I conveyed myself correctly here). Not sure why that is and it will be a nightmare when time to texture bigger items.

Oh well, me and blender will just have to keep beating each other up until one of us submits. LOL!

TB2

Country
unitedstates
well, I'm still hacking away at it. I need to know why I cannot export all textures when I export the model? I can only export one texture at time. I have 3 textues, one diffuse, one LM and one bump. I've placed them as example above, and I've checked the influence as above. (One thing, do I check ALL of the places above for EACH of the textures? Or do I only check that textures box? i.e. bump, I ONLY check Geometry Normal and not the other 3 for that texture only?)

Country
unitedkingdom
I started a new thread here (in retrospect not necessarily the the best idea! :rolleyes:) asking if anyone can confirm whether Blender 2.8 models and textures (i.e. PBR) can be successfully exported with the Prepar3D 4.5 SDK. I wondered if those watching this thread might have the answer?

Many thanks

Andy

Country
unitedstates
Perhaps I should start a new thread, but can anyone explain why my objects display no shadow in FSX? They work fine in P3D (v4)

Country
malaysia
i.e. bump, I ONLY check Geometry Normal and not the other 3 for that texture only?)
That is correct. You should only select the appropriate geometry for each texture.
Perhaps I should start a new thread, but can anyone explain why my objects display no shadow in FSX? They work fine in P3D (v4)
First, please make sure No Shadow is unchecked on the Enhanced Parameter for FSX because, P3D v4 Z-Bias needs to enable No Shadow option for the ground poly works as expected. If all are good, then please check the settings within FSX. I'm not sure is there any option for shadow in FSX as available in P3D v4.
I started a new thread here (in retrospect not necessarily the the best idea! :rolleyes:) asking if anyone can confirm whether Blender 2.8 models and textures (i.e. PBR) can be successfully exported with the Prepar3D 4.5 SDK. I wondered if those watching this thread might have the answer?

Many thanks

Andy
Currently, this toolset is not ready for PBR export and Blender version 2.8 yet.

Country
unitedstates
Thanks for the reply. Understood on selecting the appropriate geometry setting

My "NO Shadow" is NOT checked. I'll keep digging .

Country
canada
I have updated Blender2P3D scripts. These should be incorporated into the main program branch

v 0.9.5 adds the ability to use P3D SDK v1.4 I basically updated 0.9.4 -(ii) to 0.9.5. This file attached will be available here until it is merged into @MANOCHVARMA RAMAN main branch.

[ATTACH=full]50793[/ATTACH]

Edit : FOUND BUG HOLD OFF downloading

Edit (2019-07-20 7:20 EASTERN DAYLIGHT) - ok new upload

Edit (2019-07-23) - removed file - it is now on the main page of this thread.

Attachments

• 1563650412354.png
    1563650412354.png
    282.1 KB · Views: 401
Last edited: