• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender2FSX/P3D (v0.9.5 onwards)

Country
malaysia
I have updated Blender2P3D scripts. These should be incorporated into the main program branch

v 0.9.5 adds the ability to use P3D SDK v1.4 I basically updated 0.9.4 -(ii) to 0.9.5. This file attached will be available here until it is merged into @MANOCHVARMA RAMAN main branch.

[ATTACH=full]50793[/ATTACH]

Edit : FOUND BUG HOLD OFF downloading

Edit (2019-07-20 7:20 EASTERN DAYLIGHT) - ok new upload
Thank you Ronh! I have updatated the thread to v0.9.5

spotlope

FSDevConf team
Country
portugal
Is anyone working on getting P3Dv4 PBR material support in the script? Just curious. And of course, it looks like Blender 2.80 is about to hit the streets as a full release.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Yes,... Though not sure when the script will be done. Blender v2.80 release was delayed a bit... (as of last week they were saying in 2 weeks).

Country
malaysia
Is anyone working on getting P3Dv4 PBR material support in the script? Just curious. And of course, it looks like Blender 2.80 is about to hit the streets as a full release.
The toolset will be updated to support PBR but for time being it is safe to wait for the upcoming P3D version. There are still some parts in a single model need to have a combined material settings [native and PBR material settings (Ex: an Aircraft model: the windshield has native P3D v4.3 or below material settings while outer parts of model is PBR)]. So, a full PBR model material settings haven't been release yet by LM, therefore, many things might get changed soon on the upcoming release (maybe P3D v5). So, I feel it is safe to wait until the release.

If anyone has good knowledge on Blender 2.8, maybe you can show the comparisons (related with our Flight Simulator development usage), example, the Influence tab in Texture Panel couldn't be found in Blender 2.8 anymore. So, where does that setting gone? I need some of these kind of info to look for the changes on the toolset scripts.

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
With the release of Blender v2.80 today, I hope that the development of Blender2FSXP3D can continue and we can probably hope for a compatible version in the near future.

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
There's a couple of things that need to change to the scripts. With Blender 2.80, they changed the way addons register within the program. Furthermore, the toolshelf is gone, so the functions that set up the ui need to be adapted as well. o_O

Country
sudan
Hi everyone,

I am glad to inform that the update of the Blender2FSX/P3D is here now. After viewing message from Kris (here) stating he is facing some health issues and not been able to do much more on the Blender2FSX/P3D tool-set, I have tried to continue developing the toolset. I would like to thank you @krispy1001 for developing such a great tool. I hope he will return to develop this soon with good health.

Hello Sir, Are you considering the upgrade for the Blender 2.80?????

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hello Sir, Are you considering the upgrade for the Blender 2.80?????

The toolset depends on Blender Render for materials which has been deprecated in Blender 2.8.
So it's not that simple.
this being added to the issues mentioned above.

Last edited:
Country
germany
I'm also eagerly awaiting an 2.8 update/upgrade of the fantastic blender2fsx :). Just a question: Will an possibly updated tool be based on Eevee or on Cycles (or maybe both)? I'm asking because I've been doing most (scenery) modelling work already in 2.79 with Cycles and exported the models via a workaround through blender2fsx. Some weeks ago I switched completely to 2.8, still working with Cycles and currently exporting obj files and doing the rest of work with MCX. Btw., there is a really great new addon called 'SimpleBake' for 2.8 that allows baking PBR setups (also from multiple materials per object) to the respective maps in one go, but it is restricted to Cycles.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
For working with cycles one probably has to code an FSX/P3D shader with all the setings and all texture maps directly connected for it to work and export correctly. The plus side might be a complete Cycles/Eevee based WYSIWYG rendering.
Sounds like it's possible but a lot of work.
Meanwhile the v4 PBR shader could be a simple derivative of the principled BSDF.

Country
unitedstates
Hello Manochvarma . How are you?. How i can export a 2nd UV map channel?. I try many times but i can find the way. regards.

Last edited:
Hello Manochvarma

Love this tool - much thanks. I believe I have found a bug concerning Visibility Tags. It seems that I am unable to see all the visibility tags when using this tool. I don't think they are missing because I can type a letter in the dropdown page and a missing tag will populate and I can attach but I just have no way of getting the visibility tag I want. Specifically l_tire_blurred_key under P3d v3 SDK. When I type 'L' l_tire_still_key shows up but both of these options are not available from the drop down. Also I notice when editing the modeldef.xml that any PartInfo additions for visibility seems to overwrite existing option on the dropdown list.

Anyway to workaround this?

Much thanks again for this wonderful tool

Country
malaysia
I believe I have found a bug concerning Visibility Tags. It seems that I am unable to see all the visibility tags when using this tool. I don't think they are missing because I can type a letter in the dropdown page and a missing tag will populate and I can attach but I just have no way of getting the visibility tag I want. Specifically l_tire_blurred_key under P3d v3 SDK. When I type 'L' l_tire_still_key shows up but both of these options are not available from the drop down.
Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

I don't have P3D v3 SDK installed on my PC but I have P3D v4.5 SDK.

I can see the all the visibility tag on the list (see image below). Maybe you have to scroll using your mouse.
Visibility Tag_l_tire.png

Also I notice when editing the modeldef.xml that any PartInfo additions for visibility seems to overwrite existing option on the dropdown list.
I don't think this is an issue because so far none of the users who have been using this toolset for years has mentioned about it.

You should be able to see all the visibility tags attached to that particular model in the OBJECT tab (see image below):
Visibility Tag Attached.png

I would suggest you is to try reinstall the latest toolset and see how it works.

Country
england
This could be something to do with the display scale.
I have a number of custom visibility entries and the first column disappears unless I scale down when needed to find the first entries,
then scale back up again for better display view.

Rob

Country
germany
Hi guys!

After a few years being busy with kids, work and life in general, I just dropped in to have a quick look at what has become of Blender2FSX/P3D and... WOW! I hadn't expected this! To see you guys still developing and actively supporting this script 6 years down the road makes me feel like I started something back then. Thank you all for keeping it up! @Dutcheeseblend (beta-tester #1) @krispy1001 @ronh @dave hoeffgen @MANOCHVARMA RAMAN and the dauntless testers who were curious enough to step into modelling for FSX using Blender. Some of them still around... @Chrismot @spotlope ... BTW In case you're wondering, the announcement of FS2020 got me curious and brought me back to fsdeveloper.com. Let's see what's in it from a 3rd-party perspective.

Cheers :cool:

Country
sudan
Hi guys!

After a few years being busy with kids, work and life in general, I just dropped in to have a quick look at what has become of Blender2FSX/P3D and... WOW! I hadn't expected this! To see you guys still developing and actively supporting this script 6 years down the road makes me feel like I started something back then. Thank you all for keeping it up! @Dutcheeseblend (beta-tester #1) @krispy1001 @ronh @dave hoeffgen @MANOCHVARMA RAMAN and the dauntless testers who were curious enough to step into modelling for FSX using Blender. Some of them still around... @Chrismot @spotlope ... BTW In case you're wondering, the announcement of FS2020 got me curious and brought me back to fsdeveloper.com. Let's see what's in it from a 3rd-party perspective.

Cheers :cool:
Hi there captx, FS2020 looks promising, but we still waiting to blender 2.80 script, anyway for a beginner developer like me it's fun, but I'm still missing alot, I order 4 great books from amazon by the same author, he's showing how to use the 3 free software's for making planes, Blender, Gimp, and inkscape, and im so excited ti receive it, hopefully I'll be able to contribute to virtual aviator a good products.

Regards

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Country
malaysia
I hope Microsoft Flight Simulator team will look into creating this kind of addon that supports Blender apart from 3DS Max addon which will be shipped (without doubt) when the SDK is released. We know that X-Plane developer is creating XPlane2Blender Addon which supports latest Blender 2.8. There are more 3D developers migrating to Blender now. So, Blender has become one of the most influence 3D modelling software.

Country
us-pennsylvania
Hello,

I just recently started using this Blender2FSX/P3D tool in an attempt to create a Sim Object to import into Prepar3D. I was able to create and texture the object in Blender while following the steps listed on page one of this thread. When I spawn the Sim Object and view it in P3D though, I can see my model but it is all black without the texture appearing. I have made sure to include my model where the other Sim Objects are in Program Files/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v4/SimObjects/Misc. I have a base folder in there with a model folder, a texture folder, and a sim.cfg file. In the model folder I have my .mdl file and a model.cfg file. In my texture folder I have a texture.cfg file as well as my two image files (diffuse and bump). My texture image files were converted from bmp files to dds using ImageTool and I made sure to change the format to DXT 5 before saving it as a dds. My model is still showing up completely black. Does anybody have an idea of how I might be able to fix this and make my texture appear on the object?

Thanks