Blender Blender2P3D/FSX

spotlope

FSDevConf team
I agree and I am trying to find a way to do that, but it's more difficult than you would think. Blender's API doesn't lend itself to custom dialog boxes for some reason. If someone can find me a code snippet of a custom, MODAL, dialog box for Blender's python, I'm happy to give it another try. I already spent around two days with this with zero results. In the meantime, I'd suggest to open the system console to get some feedback on the export process.
It's not a really big deal. Like you said, we can always check the console. The other fixes (especially z-bias and decals) are much more important.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hello

Instead of a general log filename - when clicked would save with the model file, using the model name with date and time. For example, hangar_(date)_(time)_log.txt.

Vitus

Resource contributor
The new update is live!
Changelog (05.04.2020):

• changed the name of the logfile to include the name of the exported model
  • add z-bias property back to specular material
  • fixed an issue with virtual cockpit texture names

Let me know if you run into any issues and feel free to keep the suggestions coming!

spotlope

FSDevConf team
The new update is live!
Changelog (05.04.2020):

• changed the name of the logfile to include the name of the exported model
  • add z-bias property back to specular material
  • fixed an issue with virtual cockpit texture names

Let me know if you run into any issues and feel free to keep the suggestions coming!
The download looks like it's the old version still. Where's the best place to get the most recent update?

Vitus

Resource contributor
Sorry guys, I always forget that the resources are moderated. I guess you need to wait until the new version number shows up on the page. For future versions I try to remember to making it a habit to include the version number in the zip file. Sorry about the kerfuffle, but really: it's @arno's fault :p

Hello,
Like some people before me, I had an animation export problem with Blender versions to FSX for days!
Since I only have FSX/ACC without a FSX SDK, i could only export models and animations with the P3D SDK 1.4 and this great tool!
Now I found the solution after people here and on the net were slowly getting me on the right path!
Solutions like "after a Windows update" or "changed Windows to English language" were mentioned!
In the end, the solution was for me to change the decimal separation under the Windows Regions settings from "," (comma) to "." (point)!:oops:

Thanks to everyone who helped me indirectly and I hope this will save future "seekers" a lot of trouble!

Dietmar

Resource contributor
Hi Vitus,

It works !!!!! Here my first directly exported .mdl file for FSX. The pic below shows the installed model in the sim.

A320_Blender_MDL.jpg

It is just a basic test model so don't worry about the different textures for the wings. There are no animation parts included
also. That's what I am going to test es next.
So your new toolset seems to work perfect. In addition a great compliment to the wiki doc. Excellent !!

Thank you Vitus for this great work.

Dietmar

Still having a VCtex. problem.
I get a type error "object is not subscriptable" , what ever that word means, even google spellcheck didn't recognise it!
I have dropped the old "Ii_export.py" back into the toolset and errors vanish, but of course the VC dds filename is needed.
Rob

Hallo

Thanks a lot for the updated version 0.97.20. I installed the new version by removing the previous version and then installing the new one without restarting Blender inbetween. I hope that is the correct way to do it.

And one little remark: In the Blender2P3DFSX entry in Edit --> Preferences --> Add-ons there is a 'Documentation' button. A click will open the wicki entry 'Blender2FSX Toolset manual' but it is the old one for version v2.79b. No big problem but could be corrected with the next version.

Thanks for your great work and have a good week
Hannes

Vitus

Resource contributor
@Robert Richardson that's strange. Could you tell me the name of the $ texture you use please? It might have to do with the way I replace the file extension, but I'd first like to reproduce the issue.

@HannesSchmid Moin! The installation is actually really forgiving. You can delete it from the folder or use the "remove" button in Blender. You could also just install the new addon over the old one, it should replace the old files itself.
Thanks for that remark on the wiki. I'll update the link in the next version, which will come soon.

I hope you guys don't mind the frequent updates...

@Robert Richardson that's strange. Could you tell me the name of the $ texture you use please? It might have to do with the way I replace the file extension, but I'd first like to reproduce the issue.
I hope you guys don't mind the frequent updates...
Three panels $pan1, $pan2 and, wait for it, $pan3
1 is for reg plaque, 2 GPS, 3 radio frequencies.
Rob
PS love the updates!

Vitus

Resource contributor
I'm more interested in the file extension of the texture map you're putting into the shader. I.e. is it $pan1.dds, $pan2.dds and.... wait for it..... $pan3.dds?

I'm more interested in the file extension of the texture map you're putting into the shader. I.e. is it $pan1.dds, $pan2.dds and.... wait for it..... $pan3.dds?
No extensions
When first loading the texture it will add the png name which I have been removing. but if I do or not the outcome is the same.

Last edited:

Vitus

Resource contributor
yeah.... that's why you get that error.....
I'll see that I accommodate this in the next version.