Blurring around my scenery

Hi there,
I'm confusing with my scenery . As you can see the attached photo, the terrain around my airport sometime became blurry . It also let the aircraft and its Virtual cockpit blurred too . I don't know where it started :confused:
Does everyone get this situation before ? All comments are welcomed .
Regards

Attachments

Maybe your ram or graphics ram is full, so the fsx loads just the "lighter" mipmap-textures. Your scenery does not contains these, so it is sharp as always. :confused:

You need to make sure you don't have any DXT1 textures that are without mipmaps. All DXT1 textures MUST have mipmaps. If it's not in your scenery, it might be a nearby scenery (as limited by your view distance slider).

MSFS can "open" and "read" a DXT1 without mip maps, but it cannot "close" it after reading. As a result, the graphics "pipe" gets clogged while waiting for the "close" operation to complete and surrounding textures go blurry.

hcornea

Resource contributor
MSFS can "open" and "read" a DXT1 without mip maps, but it cannot "close" it after reading. As a result, the graphics "pipe" gets clogged while waiting for the "close" operation to complete and surrounding textures go blurry.
This is an intriguing concept.

Where did you come across this piece of information, and have you tested it in FSX?

(I note it was reported in FS9)

Last edited:
Yes, I should have qualified, this is seen in FS9 and I have not tested it in FSX. The description was originally written up by Fr. Bill, I believe. I'll try to find the forum...