From 2D to 3D form, working on Joey's new avionics options. Just like the Trislander, info on the older avionics are hard to come by, including the King 170. I'll end up doing the autopilot as well, but I'll have to figure out where to place that on the main panel.
New avionics stack just about finished and ready for code, an autopilot is also planned and will get model after I finish the primary stack. Oh and I'm sure you'll know where I got my inspiration for these new units, everyone has them in their FSX installation by default
Another installment on Joey's progress. Systems coding is well underway and the first to receive the code are the engine magnetos and start buttons. Instead of using basic default, I am opting for custom code which will be then read thru an external system logic gauge. Also shown is the rain effects for the glass which is nothing but a gauge applied to the windshield and side glass. The rain shouldn't be visible on the flying surfaces, but that is a placeholder until the icing effects/gauge is coded. Avionics are functioning, but aren't displayed in the VC as the master switch uses custom code to turn on the avionics and other systems. Oh and the visors are functional too!!
I had to do some backtracking after I saved the Trislander source in Max 2012 and Max 9 doesn't like that, so it's on with the show. All circuit breakers are done, placed and mapped. Majority of the switches are functional now, altimeter has been transformed into 3D and is borrowed from a previous project that was done in gmax which is now in Max format. In a nutshell, almost all basic code is in place with some left to do. In other good news, Flight1 is now offering all GTN products in a one shot package and I have plans of adding the GTN650 just like I did with the 750, the F1 GNS430/530 will also be implemented in the final release for those that own the product.
Still working on the Tri. I'm pushing out a couple new models, so I'll have more time to finish off Joey. A short nose version is planned, but I'm doing a base version first before doing the short nose variant.
In other good news, Flight1 is now offering all GTN products in a one shot package and I have plans of adding the GTN650 just like I did with the 750, the F1 GNS430/530 will also be implemented in the final release for those that own the product.
It's time to get Joey back into production. His exterior is more or less finished and painted, his interior lacks paint of any sort and that's where I could use any talented painter to really bring life to the interior. The planned failure module can wait as it'll take a good while to get that all coded as is the GNS, GTN and Aspen avionics. Matt did one hell of job with the exterior and I could ask him to bring his talents to the interior, but I'm sure he has his other projects to work on. Other models including the short nose and 2-blade propellers are also planned at a later date, only models representing G-JOEY, G-BEVT and G-RLON are planned at the moment with basic radios.
Joey Trislander's current main panel and overhead. Since the helicopters are pretty much done besides some code giving me issues, I set those aside to work on the Trislander. Fuel gauges, volt meter, amp meter, flap position gauges have been built, painted, animated but not fully coded. The new radio stack is in place and 95% working. Carb heat levers, parking brake lever are working. CB (circuit breakers) modeled, textured and painted. I've been slowly painting away the cockpit, adding labels, etc. The base model is pretty much done minus a pilot figure, the painting part is the daunting task View attachment render_074.jpg