• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Boeing 747-200 (Classic Series)

I've been given permission to post some previews of my work on this 747 Classic for FSX. The model has only been in development for about a week- so very early days yet, as such I've been asked not to mention who it's being designed for.

gear2d.jpg

7432i.jpg

I will be posting more previews as I go. I intend to create virtually all versions of the 747 classic, as long as the required reference is available.

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I do hope you're going to add a fuselage to the gear and wings... ;) Very nice work, should be fun to animate all these links and get them working properly! :)

Country
netherlands
Looks great! I can only hope this is a new native FSX model to go with the 1.5 update of CLS's 747 Classic series...

Hi all, new screenshots very soon. This is not the CLS 1.5 update I'm afraid. The completed gear is ~12,500 polys in total.

Country
unitedstates
The 742 is my favorite bird! I'll be getting this one for sure, nice work on the gears! I wish I could incorporate that kind of detail into my project but I lack data.

Country
netherlands
Best to keep in mind that you can have a maximum of 22 bones in the entire model...

I found this on Microsoft's site:

"Animation Limits
FSX and the associated 3DStudioMax and GMax exporters defaulted to a 255 bone animation limit. This has been increased into the thousands, so should no longer prevent many-boned objects from behaving properly in the run-time code."

http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/developers/Pages/UpdatestotheSDKinSP1.aspx

As long as the developer got the latest SDK installed the number of bones will not be a problem

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
And then in the FSX+A SDK we find this:
Animation Templates
Refer to the oil rig sample file TestX.x for examples of the use of these templates. Note that there is a limit of 128 bones per model, and a limit of 22 connected bones. Any one vertex of a model can be influenced by a maximum of four bones. Models will fail if they exceed these limits.

I was on my way back to correct my earlier reply when I spotted your reply...

...so instead I deleted my earlier, erroneous information. :D

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
[Mischievous mode]

Any plans for a SUD/-300 version?

[/Mischievous mode]

:D