• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Boeing 747-200

Country
australia
A little bit of "greyware".
I actually finished most of it, but I wasn't happy with it after working on another project for a year. So I started remodeling it.

Render_3%20%282%29.png

Render_4.png

Render_5%20%282%29.png

Render_6%20%282%29.png

Zeiten

Resource contributor
Country
norway
It looks fantastic!

But maybe its going to be a framerate killer?

Country
australia
No.
My last add on was 1.6 million polygons (it had some subdivision on the mesh which multiplies the polygons by a factor of 4), and that's getting, on my modest i5/GTX560 between 30 (On the ground) and 90 (in the air)fps.
This one will have less polygons as it has no subdivision at all. Maybe around the 1 million mark at most.
I should mention that this isn't for FSX.
It's for X Plane.

JB3DG

Resource contributor
Country
southafrica
its not so much polys that are the issue.....its maps and matts and gauges.

hcornea

Resource contributor
Country
australia
Hey, that looks great!

Keep us updated with the progress.

Is it just me, but it would be nice if the first post didn't assail performance?
I find it disappointing, and I didn't post the renders!

Inefficient geometry / errors is one thing but if an experienced modeller knows what he is doing ....

......... just saying. Food for thought when observing others work.

If performance on work like this is a problem ... I'm guessing GoranM will be aware of it before anyone else.

Country
australia
Hey, that looks great!

Keep us updated with the progress.

Is it just me, but it would be nice if the first post didn't assail performance?
I find it disappointing, and I didn't post the renders!

Inefficient geometry / errors is one thing but if an experienced modeller knows what he is doing ....

......... just saying. Food for thought when observing others work.

If performance on work like this is a problem ... I'm guessing GoranM will be aware of it before anyone else.

Thanks! Couldn't have said it better myself!
I'm sure they didn't mean anything by it, and I take it all with a grain of salt.
In saying that, the throttle console was textured using about 3/4 of one 2048 texture map.
Everything else will easily fit on about 20 texture maps.
ThrottleConsole1Render.png

ThrottleConsole4Render.png

ThrottleConsoleWIPRender.jpg

Country
australia
PLEASEEEEE make this compatible for FS9 and FSX!

I wouldn't know where to start, brother. I can make pretty much anything (within reason) for X Plane. Flight model and all. But FS9 and FSX is all Greek to me. It's a completely different platform and SDK.
If an FS9/FSX developer wants to discuss converting it and making a flight model and programming it, then I'd be happy to talk to them, but as far as me making it for FS9/FSX without the help of an FS9/FSX developer, I'd say the chances are pretty much zero.

Country
germany
Me reading this thread:
Seeing the pics: :eek:
Seeing the polygon count: :eek: :eek:
Seeing the Framerate: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Seeing that it is for X-Plane: :( :( :( :(

Just kidding, awesome work!

Country
unitedstates
Guys

Realize that we all might just be going to x-plane here in the coming years... Lemar Research seems to be the one developing for the future... MS dropped a deuce with Flight, who knows where they are going from there, but it aint into my sim machine, that's for sure...

The Lockheed thing P3D, well, its just an FSX engine, right?

I 'almost' got xplane10.... looking forward to seeing where they go in the coming years... it may be THE sim for serious simmers... (if not already, with its superior flight dynamics, etc)

Country
us-california
We all have a sim we prefer to model for, and each has it's merits. I have enjoyed following your pics of various projects just because I understand and appreciate the amount of effort that goes into making a good 3d model. :)

Nice work!

hcornea

Resource contributor
Country
australia
It is a shame model formats are so different.

As for the procedural stuff and the design philosophies, they are likely to be worlds apart!!

Sent with Tapatalk for iPhone

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Well it's a real shame you haven't built this for CFS3.... ha ha! :p

Gorgeous work, please post some screenshots when you have that panel of gauges textured! :D

Country
unitedstates
That will be a problem with FS9 or FSX if your sporting 1.6 million polygons on the mesh, good luck!!

Country
australia
So far, it's about 500 000.
Because X Plane can run 1.6 million (my last project) quite easily, I'm going to push out a little more detail and exploit the poly count on this one. I want to try to keep it under the million mark, though.