• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v2 Bombardier Challenger 605

Country
us-illinois
Here's a close-to-final render of the 605, just in time for Christmas! The entire model is about 95% complete right now, with only a few minor details to add like probes and those pesky flap segments.

I am MUCH happier with the way this model turned out than the last in almost every aspect. It's also only 132,000 polys, which is not too high of a count when you compare it to other high-end models that are surfacing these days. I honestly don't think that the poly count will have any noticeable effect of in-game performance unless you're running it on a 7 year old PC.
ShOZimC.jpg

I will probably start texturing this bird shortly after the holiday break, so everyone have a merry Christmas and be ready for more news come early January. :santahat:

Country
us-california
Most Impressive!
Going into the texture phase keep in mind that how parts are textured has a lot to do with in-sim performance.
Merry Christmas back at ya! :wave:

euroastar350

Resource contributor
Country
us-delaware
Very, very nice!!! My Bell 222 has almost near 200,000 polys for the exterior and close to 104,000 polys for the interior with no noticeable impact on frame rates. All of this on a slow 3 year old laptop :O

Country
france
Whouah, that's so amazing what you already done... I work around CL60 every day and that is so close to reality... well done, I'm excited to get this virtual bird virtually airborne ;)
Thx so much for your work and don't give up please ...

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hey Ozzy,
it's been a while now since the last update. So how is the project going?
Can't wait for news. Looking forward to some screenshots of the textured model.

Keep up the good work!!!

Country
us-kentucky
Thanks Ozzy for the hard work and efforts, its looking really good. Do you have images of the cockpit?

Country
us-kentucky
Thanks Ozzy for the hard work and efforts, its looking really good. Do you have images of the cockpit?
Ozzy,
I saw the photos of the cockpit development, it looks right on. I appreciate you not closing this project and I understand its a very time consuming process to complete. One question that comes to mind is, would you mind implementing my fathers paint? I think we spoke of this in an earlier post and you said would, but I wanted to be sure if you are able to still move forward with those plans. Again, the plane is very sentimental to myself and also to another member here. Thank you again for all the hard work and dedication to this project. Its nice to see this grow within the dev environment.

Country
us-illinois
Ozzy,
I saw the photos of the cockpit development, it looks right on. I appreciate you not closing this project and I understand its a very time consuming process to complete. One question that comes to mind is, would you mind implementing my fathers paint? I think we spoke of this in an earlier post and you said would, but I wanted to be sure if you are able to still move forward with those plans. Again, the plane is very sentimental to myself and also to another member here. Thank you again for all the hard work and dedication to this project. Its nice to see this grow within the dev environment.

No single paint job is out of the question, and your fathers' is certainly no exception. I plan to make as many paints as possible for this bird and also have a PSD paint kit bundled in the package upon release.

Speaking of release...I mentioned before that there would be news in "early January". Well, today it's one...two...eleventeen...One day away from the end of February, and unfortunately it doesn't look like I followed through on that and I apologize. School, robotics, getting ready for college...I really haven't had much time to work on this project. But now that robotics season is over and I *should* be done applying for scholarships and whatnot, I predict free time popping up soon.

I appreciate all of you being patient and not childishly spamming the thread with questions about the release date. *Cough*Aerosoft forums.*Cough*

Country
wales
Dear Ozzy last night I was reading this chat and noticed your plane is near completion, I was just wondering if it has beven released and if so can you please leave the link.
Many thanks,
Davwills

Country
us-california
Well, it's going on 4 months since Ozzy's last post, and I don't think we have even seen this bird with a paint job yet, so it will probably be best to avoid holding our breath. Sometimes life overtakes the most ambitious project, even when you've spent countless hours working on it.

After all, LIFE is the project we spend a lifetime working on, and I would much rather see a developer's project stalled because his life has taken a turn, than to see his project end because his life ended, which happens all too often.

I'd like to see this project come to fruition as much as the next guy, but there is a lot of work, perhaps all of the hardest bits to go, so let's give Ozzy as much time as he needs.

Maybe like many FS Developers, Ozzy is a hockey fan, and now that the Chicago Blackhawks have completed the 2015 season by winning the Stanley Cup, it will be one less distraction, and like developers in other cities whose teams are already on vacation, he will have more time to devote to this project. :duck:

Just sayin'. :rotfl:

Cheers
Gman

(edetid fer spelleen)

Country
ca-saskatchewan
[QUOTE="Maybe like many FS Developers, Ozzy is a hockey fan, and now that the Chicago Blackhawks have completed the 2015 season by winning the Stanley Cup, it will be one less distraction, and like developers in other cities whose teams are already on vacation, he will have more time to devote to this project. )[/QUOTE]

Watching the Hawks win the cup through some 60+ days of playoff hockey consumed most of my spare time and set my own project back at least a month! Great comment!

Greg