• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Bosaso airport (Somalia) P3Dv4/FSX

Country
netherlands
Hi All,

Thank you for reviewing our plea for help at this time of times. We are looking for interested developers to create Bosaso airport which is busy hub in Somalia. There are daily flights with A320s, B737s and Dash8s.
The airport is largely one runway airport with a small apron and beautiful surrounding scenery. We believe this could be a fantastic opportunity to create one of world's unique scenery.
The project was asked exclusively by Somali airlines virtual group who are currently seeking a long term relationship with fs developers to see the development of other sceneries.

Project objectives are below
- Render the airport administration building in sketchup, 3ds or any other 3D modelling software.
- Change the runway to asphalt and create the taxiways and parking tarmac as in real life.
- Photo realistic scenery for the city and surrounding mountains.

Thanks for viewing our request :)

Thank you,
Skippy,

Attachments

• boasaso 33.jpg
    boasaso 33.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 437
  • bosaso1.jpg
    bosaso1.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 512
  • bosaso2.jpg
    bosaso2.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 620
  • bosaso3.jpg
    bosaso3.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 902
  • bosaso5.jpg
    bosaso5.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 543
  • terminal bosaso.jpg
    terminal bosaso.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,621
  • terminal building bosaso.jpg
    terminal building bosaso.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,158
Country
venezuela
Certainly a unique airport! I don't really understand why they decided to build the terminal 1km away from the apron, doesn't really make sense. Anyways, i would be happy to work on this airport as as freeware release if i had the time. An airport like this can be finished in about a week of work. Sadly, with exams and ongoing projects I don't have the time to work on it right now.

Country
netherlands
Certainly a unique airport! I don't really understand why they decided to build the terminal 1km away from the apron, doesn't really make sense. Anyways, i would be happy to work on this airport as as freeware release if i had the time. An airport like this can be finished in about a week of work. Sadly, with exams and ongoing projects I don't have the time to work on it right now.

To be honest I do not understand either why you would build the terminal 1km away from the apron. Yes that's exactly my point it is relatively a short project nothing to fancy to be honest. I can understand you are tight at the moment.
However I appreciate your words and time to have reviewed this project :) I wish you good luck with exams and other projects. Let's hope someone picks this up soon :)

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
It is probably a matter of geography. The elevation at the tarmac is only 23' while the ground is almost 10 feet higher. You can see there is some sort of hard stand that runs directly from the terminal to the east end of the runway.