Bug Fix Release

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Folks

The following file is only the Scenery Design Engine itself.

http://www.scruffyduck.co.uk/files/engine_091_2628.zip

To use this

In your SDE application folder rename the file jmFlightSimLib.dll to something like jmFlightSimLib.old

unzip the new version and it into your SDE folder. This is version 0.91.2628.

It should address most all the bugs reported in the last few days. I would appreciate your testing it for me.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
If you downloaded this prior to this post then please download again. I introduced a bug in that engine update by mistake that caused the airport scanner to not generate the list.

The file name etc is the same but hopefully the bug is out.

Thanks and apologies for the inconvenience

Jon,

Airport scans - okay

Generic Buildings are okay.

However. I can't compile my XML - I validate and get okay. I press compile. I get an error. I save as XML. I then press compile | FSX. I get an error :

The system cannot find the file specified.

The pointer remains as hourglass, but I can select menu items.

The work directory has both temp.xml and Example1.xml - both are same size - 93K. My input file was Example1.xml file but it is in another directory.

EDIT *****

Save as SDE error:

Object reference not set to an instance of object

**** EDIT 2 ******

Sorry my bad. I forgot to rereference BGLCOMP after I move/changed things.

All is okay now - compiled and saved SDE. Interesting point is that I did not get an error message when I pressed validate. Which lead me to believe BGLCOMP and xsd were okay.

Last edited:
Jon, not a bug (maybe a feature request). When errors are reported it gives a line number. Is there a way to go to that line, or even list line numbers?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Jon, not a bug (maybe a feature request). When errors are reported it gives a line number. Is there a way to go to that line, or even list line numbers?

Good idea, I had thought of that. Let me see what I can do for the next version that changes the IDE (Usuer Interface).

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Interesting point is that I did not get an error message when I pressed validate. Which lead me to believe BGLCOMP and xsd were okay.
Well the fact is that getting the XML to validate against the Schema is not the end of the story. A lot of checking is done in the compiler itself and you can have XML valid against the schema which the compiler throws out. There is at least one case (I posted about it some while back) where the two are mutually exclusive. Satisfy the Schema and the compilerthrows and error, satisfy the compiler and the validate fails. I reported it to ACES and they may have fixed it now.