Build 2624 Approaches

Jon

Approach code is getting inverted for some reason. I am working on a project for a scenery designer and notice for the ILS approach records the CF for RUNWAY is first in the list and the IF for the original IAF is being listed last.

example

CF (runway number)
CF (FAF)
IF (IAF)

should be

IF (IAF)
CF (FAF)
CF (Runway number)

Will explain more if needed.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Jon

Approach code is getting inverted for some reason. I am working on a project for a scenery designer and notice for the ILS approach records the CF for RUNWAY is first in the list and the IF for the original IAF is being listed last.

example

CF (runway number)
CF (FAF)
IF (IAF)

should be

IF (IAF)
CF (FAF)
CF (Runway number)

Will explain more if needed.

Jim

I will fix that - they are being alpha sorted by the engine before display. Perhaps you could let me know if there are any other ordering requirements

Early on in this thread we were talking about the Approach code getting inverted for some reason (post #34).

I have been looking at all the approach coding with current builds and it is now sorting correctly.

However, I see something that stills need to be looked at. The Region Ident is not consistent in a LegType. Example is all of Florida is a K7 Region and that is pulled into the proper places with the LegTypes but recommendedRegion="" is not listing K7 for some records. I cannot find a pattern because some approach records show the correct Region in the recommended='s and some records do not.

<Approach
type="ILS"
runway="07"
designator="NONE"
suffix="0"
gpsOverlay="FALSE"
fixType="TERMINAL_WAYPOINT"
fixRegion="K7"
fixIdent="DINNS"
altitude="1900.0F"
heading="70.4631576538086"
missedAltitude="2000.0F">
<ApproachLegs>
<Leg
type="IF"
fixType="WAYPOINT"
fixRegion="K7"
fixIdent="LIBBY"
recommendedType="LOCALIZER"
recommendedRegion="8E" <======================= should be K7
recommendedIdent="IJAX"
theta="253.5"
rho="12.1N"
altitudeDescriptor="+"
altitude1="2000.0F"
altitude2="1900.0F"
/>

the above is KJAX 0302/26210

What is odd, a airport like Daytona 100 miles away will show a different recommended=" " such as "DW" instead of K7. This does not harm the approach code as long as K7 is nesting in the correct fixRegion=" "

<Leg
type="IF"
fixType="TERMINAL_WAYPOINT"
fixRegion="K7"
fixIdent="TIGAE"
recommendedType="LOCALIZER"
recommendedRegion="DW" <========== should be K7
recommendedIdent="IDAB"
theta="250.2"
rho="14.3N"
altitudeDescriptor="+"
altitude1="1600.0F"