• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Build 2624 Hold Short Taxi Point Problem

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Jon, I've got another little one for you. In FS9, and in FSX when using a FS9 AFCAD, a 0-width taxiway leading into a hold-short node results in hold-short functionality but without any hold-short line being drawn - regardless of the width of the taxiway leading away from the H/S node. This is useful for water airports and for implementing drive-through parking as I have done in CYYJ (2007). (There are numerous examples in the AFCAD I posted earlier.)

However, once the FS9 AFCAD is processed by SDE, even without any changes, FSX draws the H/S line. Since the line is not drawn when the FS9 AFCAD is used, it would not seem that FSX is doing anything unusual.

Don

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Jon, I've got another little one for you. In FS9, and in FSX when using a FS9 AFCAD, a 0-width taxiway leading into a hold-short node results in hold-short functionality but without any hold-short line being drawn - regardless of the width of the taxiway leading away from the H/S node. This is useful for water airports and for implementing drive-through parking as I have done in CYYJ (2007). (There are numerous examples in the AFCAD I posted earlier.)

However, once the FS9 AFCAD is processed by SDE, even without any changes, FSX draws the H/S line. Since the line is not drawn when the FS9 AFCAD is used, it would not seem that FSX is doing anything unusual.

Don

Thanks Don I must be changing the XML in some way. Is this behavior expected from the XML or is it something that Lee added into AFCAD? AFCAD does not use BglComp so there is no XML to compare it to.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I just decompiled AF_CYYJ and recompiled with BGL_Comp. FSX doesn't display the H/S lines that have a 0-width lead-in - the same as if the AFCAD 2.21-generated AFCAD is used.

Don

PS: It 's getting rather late in this part of the world, so I won't be replying to any more messages until tomorrow.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks Don

I will take a look at it over the next couple of days. Sleep well :)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom

Don

I have not checked if it is available in FS9 but in FSX there is a type called HOLD_SHORT_NO_DRAW. Have you tried that? SDE has that as one of the point type options.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks, Jon. I had missed that new option when I reveiwed the new BGL_Comp documentation. It works just fine.

Now, if you could only figure out what's going on with apron edge lighting.

Incidentally, here's a couple of things for your to-do-someday-maybe list. A "save as BGL" option would speed up developer-testing, as would saving XML to a user-specified folder.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
:)
Thanks, Jon. I had missed that new option when I reveiwed the new BGL_Comp documentation. It works just fine.

OK I will clear that one from the list.

Now, if you could only figure out what's going on with apron edge lighting.

I have had a bunch of discussions with Jim Vile about apron edge lights around here.

Incidentally, here's a couple of things for your to-do-someday-maybe list. A "save as BGL" option would speed up developer-testing, as would saving XML to a user-specified folder.

The last one is already on the list :)