• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Build is not working anymore

Country
australia
After posting a thread regarding a modified scenery object not being included in a build (the old version of the scenery object is retained) I deleted the _PackageInt and Packages folders and did a BUILD again and the output .bgl was not placed into the Packages folder I got NO responses so considered that I was doing something stupid.

This morning I created a BRAND NEW project, populated it with my 'Packagesouces' and did a BUILD.
Guess what STILL NO .BGL OUTPUT in the Packages folder (and no errors displayed in the 'cmd' window either. This is a new project and 'behaving' exactly the same way.

Anyone else having this problem or care to comment?

Last edited:
Country
australia
John,
Check your paths and ensure you have each of the asset groups enabled:
1631665075262.png

Country
australia
Thanks Philip. Unfornately my paths have NOT changed in the existing projects which now also will not create an output .bgl to the Packages folder. My paths for the new project are as in your example ie Packages and _PackageInt.
Could you perhaps temporarily delete the _PackageInt and Packages folder from any of your projects and do a BUILD and report back to me if you get an output .bgl file in the Packages folder.
This problem has only started to happen to me since the last FS2020 update.

Country
australia
OK... done. I deleted said folders and Built via ADE and this is the result.

1631670681567.png

I still reckon it's your paths... These are mine so you can compare:

1631670826850.png
1631670840340.png
1631670849404.png
1631670859068.png

Got all the ending "\" ?

Country
australia
Thanks Philip.
[edited after initial response]

Also aren't the paths automatically set up when you start a new project?

I have never ever checked to see what they are set to for the asset groups or even edited them (clicked on the ...) and so used whatever ADE populated them with. I see the output folder for your airport is scenery\ironpot\ and your models output folder is scenery\ironpot\ mine are and scenery\global\scenery\ respectively which exist.

Once again this project was building successfully a week ago but I will check out those paths again.

When creating a new project can't you just leave them set to whatever ADE populates them with?

Last edited:
Country
australia
I guess I name mine explicitly so I have some control over where they're placed. This comes from using DEV mode originally and fitting back to ADE. I'm sure Jon will comment regarding the pathing. Yes, send me the project and I'll have a look.

Country
australia
Sorry I just edited my previous post while you were sending your latest as I went back and rebuilt older projects (after deleting the _packageint and packages folders and they WORKED.

Obviously there must be something wrong with the paths in this troublesome project but it did build successfully a few days ago. I must have changed something unknowingly.

I found my original version of the project and just did a build and it worked. I bet I forgot to change something when I made a new version by just copying the original (version) folder and renaming where necessary.

Country
australia
I have found the culprit.

IT wasn't anything to do with the paths.
I found in my PackageSources\Whistler_Docks folder there were two sets of .giTF and .bin files named whistler_docks and whistler docks. I must have changed the name to include the underscore to match everything else when outputting from Blender and forgot to remove the files without the underscore.

AMAZING isn't it. Rogue files in the packagesources folder causes build to look as if it has worked (no errors in the 'console') but not output the .bgl file in Packages.

VERY difficult to trace without getting errors listed. If there were errors I would have found this hours ago and not posted this thread. GRRRRrrrrrrr

Do you use the flags or windsocks in the 'windy thing's package in any of your packages?

Last edited:
Country
australia
Thanks Jon. I never change the paths. The problem was nothing to do with paths it was a 'rogue' .giTF and .Bin without a .xml which appears to cause the problem. As soon as I noticed those files and removed them it all worked/compiled.