FSX:SE Building refuses to leave.

Gentlemen, I have been trying most of the day to make a building go away. This is a Large, square, cube like item located at 28 33.837/81 44.614. I have tried every trick I know of without success. BTW, this cube building was also in FS9. When viewed from overhead, as you slew along side the item, the magnification of the overhead view changes.?? If one of the experts could look in this area of FSX/SE and maybe have a suggestion how to get rid of this, I would be grateful. I am trying to add a piece of local interest here and the cube is in the way.
Thanks all,
Fred Z

tgibson

Resource contributor
What have you done? I would load up the closest airport to the cube (near KORL?) and then use the button with the yellow square on it, set to Exclude Generic Buildings, Library Objects, and Effects (the red flasher on the roof). Draw a rectangle around the cube. Then compile a BGL file and place into an active scenery folder higher up the Scenery Library list than any addon scenery for the area.

I agree with Tom, as the Exclusion Rectangle feature tag for a Generic Building in Instant Scenery did not also remove the Hazard light Effect. :)

GaryGB

Tom/Gary, I am in the process of making a small scenery add-on to place a local tourist icon (the Citrus Tower) into FSX. The building shows up fine but the offending building is right in front of it. I have used ADE to create basicly an airport to do this and have used the Exclude box to no avail. I will attach the very early, unfinished file for you to look at. I will keep playing.
Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated.
Later,
Fred Z

Attachments

George, thanks for the reply and the pic...nice to see what it looks like without the cube :cool: I realize now that I forget the 'N' & 'W' to go with the Lat/Lon. Now the hunt begins.
Later,
Fred Z

Hi Fred:

On my FSX installation, your BGLComp XML Exclusion Rectangle tagged to "Exclude All", and your CVX vector ABP tagged with "ExcludeAutogen" in the BGL file set attached above, properly exclude both the default Generic Building and the associated Hazard ('Obstruction') flashing Red light Effect.

NOTE: These default objects are originally placed in FS by:

[FSX install path]\Scenery\0302\OBX26210.bgl

...via this code:

Code:
   <SceneryObject
      lat="28.5638774558902"
      lon="-81.7435419559479"
      alt="0.0M"
      altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
      pitch="0"
      bank="0"
      heading="0"
      imageComplexity="VERY_DENSE">
      <GenericBuilding
         scale="1"
         bottomTexture="38"
         roofTexture="27"
         topTexture="38"
         windowTexture="36">
         <RectangularBuilding
            roofType="FLAT"
            sizeX="50"
            sizeZ="50"
            sizeBottomY="5"
            textureIndexBottomX="640"
            textureIndexBottomZ="640"
            sizeWindowY="50"
            textureIndexWindowX="420"
            textureIndexWindowY="424"
            textureIndexWindowZ="420"
            sizeTopY="5"
            textureIndexTopX="640"
            textureIndexTopZ="640"
            textureIndexRoofX="256"
            textureIndexRoofZ="256"/>
      </GenericBuilding>
   </SceneryObject>

</SceneryObject>
   <SceneryObject
      lat="28.5638774558902"
      lon="-81.7435419559479"
      alt="60.0M"
      altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
      pitch="0"
      bank="0"
      heading="0"
      imageComplexity="VERY_DENSE">
      <Effect
         effectName="fx_obslight"/>
   </SceneryObject>

Curiously, however, I initially saw the Hazard ('Obstruction') flashing Red light Effect displayed in FSX at 127 Meters AGL, after having excluded only the Generic Building with a IS3 test Exclusion Rectangle tagged for Scenery Library Objects and Generic Buildings (but not tagged for Effects and Autogen). :scratchch

BTW: You may be pleased to know your replacement 3D scenery model in the above file set for Citrus Tower is also successfully displayed. :pushpin:

< IIUC, that is the object which George reported above; perhaps you may not need to search for another "offending" BGL. > ;)

FYI: I was able to I.D. OBX26210.bgl as a source for the unwanted default scenery objects using a Instant Scenery (aka "IS3") feature:

Labels > All Objects > Library and model

...as well as:

Extras > Show objects from all BGLs > Radius, NM: 1 > Show: Objects + Gen. Buildings + Exclusions ...all 'checked'

[Scan] > results were then filtered to show: :wizard:

* Scenery file name

* Scenery layer

* Object name

* Library name

* Library and Object name

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=iscen3

Hope this helps. :)

GaryGB

Last edited:
GaryGB, sorry for the delay - G'daughter (age 26) been in hospital to have tonsuls out - been occupied. :cool: I was able to loose the cube' by changing the scenery settings to 'scenery complexity-dense and 'autogen density-normal. I will play more when I can because I want to be able to upload this item 'The Citrus Tower & surround' without causing undue problems.
Thanks to you and all the other commenters for you help. I will probably have more questions later. ;)
Later,
Fred Z