• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA BUMP - Stock airport won't go away - v1.76.6715 STILL AN ISSUE

I'm working on KIKV - Ankeny Regl (0202\scenery\APX23170.bgl stock airport) and cannot get the taxi signs to go away without going in and renaming APX23170.bgl file. That however also takes out 46IA airport which is within that BGL file so it is not a 'cure'. I have double and triple checked to insure that there is not another bgl file interfering, and the name change on the stock airport does the trick, until it is allowed to come back in. This is the first airport I have done with v1.76, but did not have the issue with v170. I'm a long time user and don't think that I am missing a step, but need help figuring this one out. Stock items.jpgRunway crossing.jpg

Edit: I might add that there is a full field 'Airport Background Exclude All' installed as well.

Field Layout.jpg

Al

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
How are you deleting the taxi signs - selecting them in ADE and pressing the Delete key?

You could always try excluding them by clicking the Exclude Polygon button with a yellow square on it, drag a rectangle around the signs, unchecking All, and checking Taxi Signs.

Hi Tom,

For starters, there is NO indication in ADE that the signs are even there....unlike when I place one in the correct location. See the area circled in first couple pictures. I have tried exclusion boxes (with 'All' and individual selection ticks), whole field exclusion of 'ALL' (not a smart move on my part because everything BUT the signs go away), and the Airport Background Exclude All option. As stated earlier, the ONLY way I have been able to get them to go away is to rename the APX23170.bgl file, but that is unacceptable as it messes with other airports (at least one - 46IA) in the area. I don't remember ever having to fight this battle before.

Along the line of your thoughts Tom, there was a windsock in the middle of Rwy 36 that did go away with an exclusion box, but not these rambo-taxi signs.

FOR INFO: A file save and a compile is being done in ADE after each different attempt to get rid of the signs. I have even gone to other airports just to insure that cache is cleared and not messing with me.

1-B  Exclude General - Airport Backgrounds.jpg1-C  Exclude General - Airport Backgrounds.jpg2-B Exclude Rectangle Placement.jpg2-C Exclude Rectangle Placement.jpg3 B Exclude Airport Background Activated.jpg3 C Exclude Airport Background Activated.jpg4-A Filename Changed.jpg4-B Filename Changed.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Al

GHD

Country
england
Try:

"Tools" -> "Load Stock Data" -> "Taxi Signs.

"Listts" -> "Taxi Signs"

Select all and delete.

Thank you George,

Had to go about it a slightly different way, possibly version differences, don't know....but...at least I could see where they were in ADE and delete them individually. Issue resolved. Thanks again.

Might add....the M$ individual that did this airport originally had duplicate signs on top of each other, some in wrong places, many, many exclude boxes in crazy places as well. Quite a mess.

Al