CabinComfort

I have built Cabin_Comfort.dll with Visual C++ 2005 Express from the FSX_SDK_SP1 example

I have copied Cabin_Comfort.dll in my main FSX directory

I have declared Cabin_Comfort.dll in dll.xml :
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Cabin_Comfort</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>Cabin_Comfort.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

I have built the gauge CabinComfort.cab from the FSX_SDK_SP1 example with cabdir.exe and added this gauge in the panel of one aircraft

The gauge is displayed but Cabin temperature, Bank angle, Flight attendants, Restroom and Passenger comfort stay at ZERO

What is wrong ?

I need HELP ...

The SDK documentation refers to two additional lines to put in dll.xml :
Code:
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
Edit: if you compiled directly using the source, don't forget to include the supplied .DEF file or the two functions won't be visible by FSX.

Last edited:
Hi,

The SDK documentation refers to two additional lines to put in dll.xml :
Code:
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
Edit: if you compiled directly using the source, don't forget to include the supplied .DEF file or the two functions won't be visible by FSX.

that's right, but with the VS2005 C++ Express you can only write managed code (for .NET). But if you install the Platform SDK and follow this steps you can write win32 applications. So I didn't use the Express Version, so I don't know if you can write then a win32 dll.

Ciao,

Alex

n4gix

Resource contributor
Go the the "Properties" of your gauge project, and look in the Linker section for a place to specify the Module Definition File:

"You can invoke a .def file during the linker phase with the /DEF (Specify Module-Definition File) linker option."

/DEF:Cabin_Comfort_Def.def