FS2004 Calgary International Airport (CYYC)

Testing night textures in Modelconverter x...( Think im done with the terminal) hopefully will be done by this weekend (need to build hangars and tower etc)
What about the Finger Gates? It seems that thei're not finished at all... somehow many of them are still missing...
Just have a look at the FSX Version... there are actually a lot more Finger Gates...

Your state of development on the terminal is still looking like a very light version of the fully done Terminal Building... its very far from done currently...

Last edited:
Emmanuel, here is what happens when your main texture sheet for HTKJ is compiled without mipmaps.

View attachment 40229

As you can see FS9 does not render the textures because your sheet is 1024 X 4096. When the sheet is compiled with mips FS9 automatically renders the 1024 mipmap and that is what shows in the sim. When I restored the mipmaps your terminal again had textures. You do not get the benefit of the higher 4096 resolution in FS9. If I have it right, what is displayed in FS9 is the 256 X 1024 mipmap of your texture sheet so you are actually robbing yourself of resolution. I suggest you do all your texture sheets at 1024 X 1024 for FS9.
Ah...cool...will redo the textures and keep it to that resolution. I was running into problems of having too many textures and came across a method from someone building sketchup scenery for xplane as there was little info on fs9 (people abandoned it) ...i will edit Kili and Calgary tonight...thanks :)

What about the Finger Gates? It seems that thei're not finished at all... somehow many of them are still missing...
Just have a look at the FSX Version... there are actually a lot more Finger Gates...

Your state of development on the terminal is still looking like a very light version of the fully done Terminal Building... its very far from done currently...
Gates and jetways will be added by rw12 objects (i only build ones on new terminal because theybare unique and have jetways that attach there. For better versions, i will let aerosoft ppl build that ;)

Gates and jetways will be added by rw12 objects (i only build ones on new terminal because theybare unique and have jetways that attach there. For better versions, i will let aerosoft ppl build that ;)
quite a shame that you don't have the Patience to do that by yourself... but whatever... I might live with that unless Greg comes with his own version of Calgary... done with high quality jetways...

i will edit Kili and Calgary tonight...thanks :)
When you'll be doing that, please add custom Trees to your KILIMANJARO scenery... that work without Rwy12 library... cause I somehow lost those trees and i tried to readd those but they somehow do not reappear...

It would be nice to have custom added trees that work without RWY12 Library.

And when you are edtiting the old sceneries please edit your first done scenery (HDTA) as well with the new Photoreal ground textures...

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Leo2789

Resource contributor
@Airbasil ,
I agree that in these current times people expect much more, and have higher minimum standards for sceneries than they did 10 years ago, even if for FS9.
I also believe that you mean well in your comments and inputs, but you do come across as a little too demanding in my (and apparently other’s) opinion, even going as far as asking the developer to change something in his scenery because something that he made a requirement for his scenery to show properly just “doesn’t show for you”.
Ultimately it is the designers decision on where he sets the bar, regarding the quality of his project; specially since this will be freeware!
The jetways he uses could be fs9 default for all I care! That terminal is extremely detailed and stunning as it is!
Keep up the good work @Emmanuel Mwandosya ;)

Leonardo

Last edited:
By today Quality of Scenery Design has its minimum Standards... and this includes my demands...so maybe Emmnuel thinks about doing more on treating his Sceneries for more accurate design in the future...
But where can I find now YOUR sceneries that I can compare to your own minimal standards? Maybe you should spend all the time you are criticizing people to develop your own sceneries. That‘s what most people here are here for...

Hi Emmanuel,

Your Calgary looks already amazing and I like very much, what I see. I totaly agree with Leonardo and Greg, keep up your good work - in your own measure and speed and in the quality that you like. If the results are as nice as in your Kilimanjaro scenery, most people will be very pleased using your sceneries.

I can not understand the demands on fingergates not showing up in early pictures and if you like to have RWY12 objects in your scenery, it is your decision and it is totally ok. If somebody is not able to install RWY12 on his computer, this is not your problem. I have never heard of "minimal standards", in scenery design - the only standard is, that you will like what you do.

Thank you for sharing your beautyful work with us FS9ers worldwide...

Dedl

looking good! keep it up... eventually, on the other side of the airport there's a "million air" hangar cant wait to see that come... do you still need help with looking for names and such?

looking good! keep it up... eventually, on the other side of the airport there's a "million air" hangar cant wait to see that come... do you still need help with looking for names and such?
Ah yes il make the million air side(if u find good pics inbox me..or else it will look like google earth building :)..also cargo area, do you have any pics of the westjet hangar..like the doors ..front side..i can improvise if you dont. Il work on westjet building today after work...it has been hard finding airside pics. But it is coming along ok

Basil, I had a chance to look around that part of the airport a month ago when I was in Calgary. The CanUk models are pretty basic and have only a passing resemblance to the real buildings. I am sure there are better references available. From the screen shots it looks to me like Emmanuel's models are much nicer. Keep up the good work Emmanuel.