FS2004 Calgary International Airport (CYYC)

Sounds cool... i hope you will end up with a pretty similar result as the scenery of SIMSTUDIOS came up with... at least in texturing...
and maybe adding some static Grass to the photoreal Ground Poly and some moving ground vehicles on the aprons, in final stages of development, would be an awesome feature as well...

Check their Pictures out on Simmarket:
FSIMSTUDIOS - CALGARY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT CYYC FSX P3D
My goal at least was to pay more attention to detail when texturing than they did, even though that will be very hard. Maybe I might be able to pull off ground polys and if I get good at static grass I will definitely add that as well.

My goal at least was to pay more attention to detail when texturing than they did, even though that will be very hard. Maybe I might be able to pull off ground polys and if I get good at static grass I will definitely add that as well.
Awesome! Now I am very curiouse about the final look of your part of the Scenery... Can't wait to get it... you may get in touch with me for Beta-testing when you get there... Let me know about it.

Just as a little hint for Grass Admission. You may use the Static Object library of LHSimulations which is free btw.

Last edited:
Great! Just a disclaimer: The scenery is at this point only compatible for FSX and above (I could convert some stuff for FS9 but ADE can't) I'm only redoing the terminal area and might do basic ground polys so everything else will be the same. If I have time I might consider redoing the westjet/air canada campus areas as I think I could improve the night textures but I will take a look at that grass thing you linked, thanks!

Great! Just a disclaimer: The scenery is at this point only compatible for FSX and above (I could convert some stuff for FS9 but ADE can't) I'm only redoing the terminal area and might do basic ground polys so everything else will be the same. If I have time I might consider redoing the westjet/air canada campus areas as I think I could improve the night textures but I will take a look at that grass thing you linked, thanks!
That's actually a sad thing... i really hoped for a Version fully compatible for FS9... so then i might have to stick with the old CanUk Scenery... or hoping that Gregory Putz will do a new Calgary Version which would look alike the FSimStudio one...

That's actually a sad thing... i really hoped for a Version fully compatible for FS9... so then i might have to stick with the old CanUk Scenery... or hoping that Gregory Putz will do a new Calgary Version which would look alike the FSimStudio one...
If I can get someone to convert the AFCAD then it could in theory be fully functional in FS9. However I don't have FS9 so I can't test it and see if it actually does work.

If I can get someone to convert the AFCAD then it could in theory be fully functional in FS9. However I don't have FS9 so I can't test it and see if it actually does work.
Yes, that would be indeed a nice thing if you know somebody who is capable to convert FSX Sceneries back to FS9. Hopefully that Person is willing to do that for us... would be realy nice...

When converted, I would be the one to beta-test the Scenery in FS9 before it gets released... if you need me to do so... as i allready mentioned... let me know.

they disappear sometimes due to the high triangle count, especially from far distances.
Which is quite normal... i had this in many other (payware) sceneries as well... doesn't matter if Aerosoft, Digital Design or even Imaginesim... or others...it happens...

Still wondering if you found someone who's capable to convert it back to FS9?? I love it and i want it to be working in my sim... :D:D

Which is quite normal... i had this in many other (payware) sceneries as well... doesn't matter if Aerosoft, Digital Design or even Imaginesim... or others...it happens...

Still wondering if you found someone who's capable to convert it back to FS9?? I love it and i want it to be working in my sim... :D:D
Thanks! I'll be able to convert things like the jetways above into FS9 I believe. However I think the only problem comes when I'm trying to export the AFCAD as ADE is specific to what sim you use. If you have FSX and ADE, ADE can only export to FSX.

Thanks! I'll be able to convert things like the jetways above into FS9 I believe. However I think the only problem comes when I'm trying to export the AFCAD as ADE is specific to what sim you use. If you have FSX and ADE, ADE can only export to FSX.
Hi Jason,

you can use FSX2FS9 for the AFCAD conversion made by ADE.

I'll be able to convert things like the jetways above into FS9 I believe.
hopefully not just the jetways... i hope all the buildings which you're about to update, too...

However I think the only problem comes when I'm trying to export the AFCAD as ADE is specific to what sim you use. If you have FSX and ADE, ADE can only export to FSX.
As Jason allready mentioned, you can do this with the FSX2FS9. And so, I hope, the scenery update would be convertable completely.

Upon now, your work on updating Calgary is tremendous. Can't wait to see how it looks when nearing completion.

Keep on going.