• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Calgary International Airport (CYYC)

Country
unitedstates
Coming soon...

zBcrvK7.png
Ay6HmAj.png
dEqJoU7.png

Country
switzerland
yeah... that looks pretty good... can't wait for that one...
I hope, there will be as much details as there were in your previous scenery... (you may have a look at the CanUK Scenery of Calgary... to see what I mean in terms of "details"...

But so far, so nice! Hope there will be a good progress...

I've attached you some pictures of the old CanUK Scenery, to recognise the Details (Airport Ground Vehicles) included...

Attachments

• neuesbild00u9p.png
    neuesbild00u9p.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 952
  • neuesbild1hdu79.png
    neuesbild1hdu79.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,074
  • neuesbild2xfuvt.png
    neuesbild2xfuvt.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 844
  • neuesbild3erua0.png
    neuesbild3erua0.png
    588.5 KB · Views: 667
  • neuesbild2dxumn.png
    neuesbild2dxumn.png
    816.9 KB · Views: 636
  • neuesbild1rmup0.png
    neuesbild1rmup0.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 728
Last edited:

Leo2789

Resource contributor
Country
portugal
Nice Emmanuel!
Really good looking! :)
This going to be payware of freeware?

Leonardo

Country
us-florida
Nevermind. I just noticed that it was for FS9, and Orbx stuff is not compatible with FS9. :)

Thanks.

Country
switzerland
Nevermind. I just noticed that it was for FS9, and Orbx stuff is not compatible with FS9. :)

Thanks.
Just as long as you don't try to make it happen...

Maybe you could try to convert the Orbx Stuff back to FS9... somehow, LH Simulations did the same thing as well... with model converter X and other programms... to make it happen that they have the orbx grass in their FS9 Sceneries...
So possibly that would work... when you try to do that :D

First of all, we have allready the FSX ORBX Converted Textures... that somebody ported into fs9 too...

Country
us-florida
Yes. I was thinking if anything I would try to get the FS9 stuff to work in P3D! :) I don' think I would need to convert anything, just install it. I once got an FS98 freeware airplane to work in FSX, as is. I just installed it! :)

Caleb

Country
unitedstates
yeah... that looks pretty good... can't wait for that one...
I hope, there will be as much details as there were in your previous scenery... (you may have a look at the CanUK Scenery of Calgary... to see what I mean in terms of "details"...

But so far, so nice! Hope there will be a good progress...

I've attached you some pictures of the old CanUK Scenery, to recognise the Details (Airport Ground Vehicles) included...
I like their ground textures, il add alot of ground facility vehicles to this one. Still not good at ground polys but we will see how this turns out

Country
ca-saskatchewan
Testing night textures in Modelconverter x...( Think im done with the terminal) hopefully will be done by this weekend (need to build hangars and tower etc)
Congratulations on some nice modelling. Looking good.

Just curious about that 1024 X 2048 texture? I stand to be corrected but I believe FS9 will only display a maximum of 1024 px. If your texture is mipped it will not display 2048 but bump it down to the 1024 mip map. If it is not mipped the texture might not display at all because I don't think FS9 can render resolutions higher than 1024. Maybe someone who has more expertise can comment.

Country
unitedstates

Just curious about that 1024 X 2048 texture? I stand to be corrected but I believe FS9 will only display a maximum of 1024 px. If your texture is mipped it will not display 2048 but bump it down to the 1024 mip map. If it is not mipped the texture might not display at all because I don't think FS9 can render resolutions higher than 1024. Maybe someone who has more expertise can comment.
Mmh i seemed to try this technique with Kilimanjaro airport at it displayed correctly ( i used even 1024x4096). seems as it is 1024 by something ..it worked..im testing it out today will see how it displays in sim. Can you check kilimanjaro airport on avsim and just test it mayb i missed something..see how it displays.

Country
unitedstates

doesnt model converter x handle the texture conversions properly when exporting to fs9 format? i just assumed it did

Country
ca-saskatchewan
Emmanuel, here is what happens when your main texture sheet for HTKJ is compiled without mipmaps.

1520474982102.png

As you can see FS9 does not render the textures because your sheet is 1024 X 4096. When the sheet is compiled with mips FS9 automatically renders the 1024 mipmap and that is what shows in the sim. When I restored the mipmaps your terminal again had textures. You do not get the benefit of the higher 4096 resolution in FS9. If I have it right, what is displayed in FS9 is the 256 X 1024 mipmap of your texture sheet so you are actually robbing yourself of resolution. I suggest you do all your texture sheets at 1024 X 1024 for FS9.