• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Calgary International Airport (CYYC)

Country
ca-ontario
good point..even on freeware it haasnty been udated and hey, the airport got an update recently..

Country
switzerland
I couldn't agree with you more! Maybe that new tower is too big of a modelling challenge :) Quite the piece of architecture.

Greg
Maybe your next airport or your next try to work on an airport in Canada, after Winnipeg is done? :D Or is this a pointless wish? :D

Quite an interesting Version, had been done for X-Plane recently:

Check it out here!

Country
ca-saskatchewan
Not pointless because I'd like to see a Edmonton airport in FS9. But not on my radar at the moment. Maybe somebody will take up the challenge. I had a look at the project at the end of the link. It has a passing resemblance to the layout of CYEG but the buildings don't look like the real thing. For instance, have a look at this image of the real world tower at CYEG. For now, I am very happy that Emmanuel has taken up the challenge of doing Calgary because it is a major hub airport in Canada.

Greg

Country
ca-ontario
Emmanual don't take this the wrong way or take this as too desperate ok. I just flew into the airport last week and saw what has changed and noticed how long it takes to walk from one end to the other. I don't need you to make it quicker just hoping it can be finished soon or what else is missing??

Country
switzerland
Hello Emmanuel,

Are you still working on Calgary? You have been silent since over a month now. Haven't heared anything about your state of development on your sceneries... Any updates?

Country
ca-ontario
He's just about done and I have been in touch with him. He's working on:ground textures, and all buildings are ready. So looks like another few days or a week...

Country
switzerland
Looking nice so far, Emmanuel, but still lacking of Details and some apron and taxiway texturing and ground Poly around the entire Airport to match with photoreal terrain.
Hope you are working on that as well before releasing it.

Country
switzerland
Basil, stop it. His project, his calls. Period.
Didn't put critique on that... just mentioned the things which require attention in the next steps of development. That's it...

If you can't accept that, don't read what I am writing. period!

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Didn't put critique on that... just mentioned the things which require attention in the next steps of development. That's it...

Do you really think that Emmanuel is not aware of that?!