• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Calling objects in SBuilder

bpahe

Resource contributor
Country
sweden
Hi there!

With SBuilder you can call objects using the GUID, and thus place the standard FS objects easily using the map (or other scenery) that you have placed as guidance in the workspace.
It is also possible to add your own objects to the file objects.txt, using the GUID that MakeMDL produce.

My question is, where should I place the compiled objects (BGLs) that I want to call, in the FS folders?

/hans

(And yes, I´m aware of ObjPlacer, but it´s easier to do as much work as possible inside SBuilder :) )

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Hi Hans.

The default MS library objects are already in the sim.

You can compile your own library of your own MDLs easily with XML code, and produce a BGL with BGLComp. That BGL ( Library of objects ) can be placed into the same folder as your SBuilder-made BGL.

Dick

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Yes, most of your custom libraries you can place in the scenery folder of your project.

If you have a general library that you use in a lot of projects, you could also place it in a separate folder, so it only needs to be loaded once (as long as it is below the scenery folders using it in the scenery library that should work).

bpahe

Resource contributor
Country
sweden
Thanks, both!

This makes placing objects, as common as autogen, very easy!

/hans