FSX Can Scenproc process data within regional limits defined by a KML file ?

The reason for this question comes from the way I organized my creation process.

1) The first level of photoreal-scenery I set up, consists of 5 rectangular areas (200 x 100 km each) and spreads over several "non-square administrative regions" ;-)

2) All data used for generating autogen vegetation and buildings with the Scenproc tool, has been retrieved as shapefiles from regional and even local sources,
and processed with QGIS. One set of shapefiles for each region (which I want to keep unique and non-split for obvious data management reasons).

3) Now when it comes to generate the autogen for each of the rectangular photoral areas, Scenproc reads all data from the pertaining regional
datasets, and processes the complete data volume, thus creating more AGN-files than needed to cover the photoreal area (as of my understanding).

To avoid this, I thought it might be helpful to be able to set a frame of 200 x 100 km by means of a KML file.

Or is there any other way to do it ?

Thanks for your help
Christian

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
If it's rectangular, it's probably easiest to just set a bounding box on reading the data.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
If you set the bounding box in ImportOGR you should get any feature that is partly within. I use it often myself as well.