• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Can you create AI traffic restrictions?

Hello I am wondering how easy it would be to exclude the default traffic in P3D from a certain area. I was doing a military flight inside a restricted area and there was a Mooney Bravo flying through which just didn't seem right lol. Normally I have AI traffic off to save on FPS but just started turning it on again since it make it feel more realistic.

Thanks

tgibson

Resource contributor
I would imagine it's virtually impossible. AI aircraft fly great circle routes and do not obey restricted airspace. The only way I know to do that is to create fake airports away from the restricted area and add that airport as a "waypoint" (an airport up in the sky) in every single flight plan that may cross the space (and I know of no tool that can check that). MAIW has some experience with fake airport waypoints so their forum may be more help?

Hello I am wondering how easy it would be to exclude the default traffic in P3D from a certain area. I was doing a military flight inside a restricted area and there was a Mooney Bravo flying through which just didn't seem right lol. Normally I have AI traffic off to save on FPS but just started turning it on again since it make it feel more realistic.

Thanks
If you were in a MOA that’s actually realistic. There’s nothing to keep GA planes or other traffic from flying through MOAs and it happens all the time. If it was truly a Restricted Area that starts with an R- then that’s different and yes there shouldn’t be traffic in there without prior permission. However those do get busted in real life too at times. But MOAs are not off limits and it’s not unusual to have other traffic in them.

If you were in a MOA that’s actually realistic. There’s nothing to keep GA planes or other traffic from flying through MOAs and it happens all the time. If it was truly a Restricted Area that starts with an R- then that’s different and yes there shouldn’t be traffic in there without prior permission. However those do get busted in real life too at times. But MOAs are not off limits and it’s not unusual to have other traffic in them.
Thanks. The area I am talking about is actually the NTTR which is the test range in Nevada that is also home to Area51. IIRC they do allow civilian flights sometimes on Sundays but in P3D I like to simulate test flights and stuff, so it would be better if there were no civilian flights flying through the area, but I understand if something like that wouldn't be easy to do in P3D.