• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Cannot export the model from 3dsmax2012

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi,
I got a big problem. I am working on the Terminal2 ZBAA and I have got everything. I exported it the other day and it looked fine except I forgot a panel of glass doors at the entrance of the terminal. So, I got back to 3dsmax and attach those glass doors to my complex model. Since then I cannot export my model any more. I don't know what happen but each time I got to 10% and it stop. I check the model in MCX and there is none. My model has about 16,000 polygons with only one texture. I have done everything such as reset X form, detached some polygons out, export some parts. Nothing works.
I use P3Dv2.4 as an plugin. Do you have any ideas how to solve this?

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I used MCX to convert my bgl file to 3ds successfully. At least I still have something to work on further.
I have tried to export the new model derived from the old bgl file and it can be exported flawlessly. I think the problem might be the P3D plugin.

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I personally think Gmax game pack is much more stable than 3dsmax and P3D plugin.

Country
spain
it's said that the new P3d had not export limitations about k polis, it's true? then it must be a different issue. something related to materials?.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I have found that I missed the Reflection Map. I use custom Environmental Map. I corrected that and try to export again. It failed to export after 35%.
But I move my work to Gmax and export from there, very solid stable.

I personally think Gmax game pack is much more stable than 3dsmax and P3D plugin.
I was a GMax user but I converted to 3ds Max because of the numerous bugs of GMax (Like: GMax has stopped working; Unable to load project that you were working on months and months... etc). Now I'm fine with 3ds Max...very stable :)
So I personally think that 3ds Max and P3D plugin is more stable than GMax and Game Pack plugin.