FSX Cannot remove Apron

connomar

Resource contributor
DoubleScreenShot.jpg

This screen shot of what ADE sees and what FSX displays is driving me nuts. This is the STOCK airport which I loaded to be sure I wasn't losing it. For clarity, the airplane symbol on the right image, and the red cross on the left image indicate exactly where I have a problem. This large concrete area isn't in the stock bgl when loaded into ADE, yet it is in FSX. The texture of it makes me wonder if it is a GP object that is being picked up somewhere from some previous rework of KORD which I have been working on for years. But if it is, how is it even being picked up in the stock airport? P.S. I have checked for hidden objects.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Martin

tgibson

Resource contributor
Hi,

They are present in my KORD too, so they are default.

That appears to be a terrain polygon. You will need to create a small triangular terrain polygon covering one of the polygon's edges and give it an Exclude type of some sort.

connomar

Resource contributor
Hi,

They are present in my KORD too, so they are default.

That appears to be a terrain polygon. You will need to create a small triangular terrain polygon covering one of the polygon's edges and give it an Exclude type of some sort.
Thanks Tom, that is good information. I'd had this sinking feeling that maybe I'd tampered with the stock files at some time in the distant past.

I put an exclude everything triangle over a corner as you suggested and it vanished. Superb, may thanks again.

Last edited: