Canopy Door Gauge?

I've created a camera view so the nose of the aircraft is viewable from within the physical simulator cockpit. Works well as my main view.
The only minor issue is that it implements the external sound engine. To get around this, I open up a new Cockpit View window so the internal sounds play instead.
Then scale the window down and tuck it out of sight

Hoping there is a way to create a gauge that uses the canopy door open/close event to open up the Cockpit View window when the door is in in the closed position.
When the door is open, the Cockpit View window will then close to activate the external sound engine.

There are four exits, the first two control the canopy doors. The others are for other minor functions, which I hope to create custom sounds for with DSD.

Would I be using these variables (K:TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT) (>K:SELECT_1) and (>K:SELECT_2) to trigger the canopy door?

What would be the best variables for activating the Cockpit View? See there is a Key_New_View and Key_Close_View option, but don't know how to specify or select the Cockpit View.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated?

JB3DG

Resource contributor
You can send numbers direct to (K:TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT instead of using the SELECT_X events.

I don't think there is a key event for directly selecting the cockpit view.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Ok, are you using one single aircraft to directly correspond to this simulator, as some do?

You can modify the aircraft model file itself, such that it’s external view is, for practical purposes, a modeled VC. You’d probably want to include most, if not all, of the exterior model, but the modeling part, altogether, would be pretty standard.

This evokes images of the ME-110, that actually had some of the engine gauges mounted on the inboard panel of each engine. Technically, that view would be part of the VC.

This idea would not be so practical for more than a very few aircraft, however.

You can send numbers direct to (K:TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT instead of using the SELECT_X events.

I don't think there is a key event for directly selecting the cockpit view.
Ok if not using the Select_X event would it be something like this? 2 (>K:TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT) for the second canopy door.
3 (>K:TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT) and 4 (>K:TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT) for the auxiliary doors?

Was looking at the P vars, would something like this work to open the cockpit view if both the canopy doors are closed? And if either door 1 or 2 is opened would code it so the view would be closed.

<Visible>(P:ACTIVE VIEW MODE,enum) 1 ==</Visible>

ACTIVE VIEW MODE 1=cockpit view, 2=VC, 3=tower, 4=spot, 5=top down

JB3DG

Resource contributor
Ok if not using the Select_X event would it be something like this? 2 (&gt;K:TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT) for the second canopy door.
3 (&gt;K:TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT) and 4 (&gt;K:TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT) for the auxiliary doors?
I think it uses a different indexer number system, with 0 being the first door, 1 being the second, 2 being the 3rd.

Thanks for the reference posts. Found a post about selecting camera views - number one being the VC. Tried experimenting with this code. No luck?
Experimented with adding a (K:NEW_VIEW) before the View select as well with no luck.

<Gauge Name="Canopy Door Cockpit Panel" Version="1.0">
<Element>
<Select>
<Value>
(A:CANOPY OPEN, percent) 40 &gt; if 1 (&gt;K:VIEW_CAMERA_SELECT_1)
</Value>
</Select>
</Element>
</Gauge>

Don't know if code and/or variables are wrong. Any ideas?

My mistake. Reviewed my panel.cfg entry and of course did something stupid - gauge was set to 00 and out of order.
Fixed that and tried again.

So what happens is if another view is selected and the door is opened, it will pull the main view back to the pilot seat of the virtual cockpit.

Can a similar thing be done, but adding a new window view?

Write

Code:
(A:CANOPY OPEN, percent) 40 &gt; if{ 1 (&gt;K:VIEW_CAMERA_SELECT_1) }
Have been able to open a new panel view using a similar code. Anyone know if there is a way to add a cockpit camera view to the panel.cfg?

If it is think this will work. And we may be able to set size and think make it transparent with the alpha.

<Gauge Name="Canopy Door Cockpit Panel" Version="1.0">
<Element>
<Select>
<Value>
(A:CANOPY OPEN, percent) 40 &gt; if{ 1 (&gt;K: PANEL_3) }
</Value>
</Select>
</Element>
</Gauge>