• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Can't exclude default obj on P3D V5

Country
italy
Hi,
I'm having troubles excluding this default obj from the sim with ADE?
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 2020-5-5_12-34-46-105.png
    2020-5-5_12-34-46-105.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 211
Country
unitedkingdom
Do you have orbx global or vector? Some people have those on one of my airports and I can't get rid of them either.

Country
us-florida
Use a terrain polygon, exclude general, utilities. These are vector lines similar to roads and streams.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - does this appear in ADE? If so it could be a scenery object. Is it present in sim if you remove or disable all your compiled bgl files for this airport. Did you start the project from a v5 stock airport or a project developed for an earlier version

Country
italy
OK - does this appear in ADE? If so it could be a scenery object. Is it present in sim if you remove or disable all your compiled bgl files for this airport. Did you start the project from a v5 stock airport or a project developed for an earlier version
It doesn't appear in ADE, it is present with the default scenery too, I started from my p3d v4 project and I've compiled it for the v5 but even if I load the stock airport I don't see the object and if I draw one polygon exclusion it is still on the airport. The airport is LICR if you can check and see if you have the same problem... Thanks

Country
italy
Sorry but that is primarily about exclusion rectangles. The issue you are seeing is with the wrong class of objects for exclusion rectangles It is a land class issue.
Ok but still I can't exclude the object, other devs have the same problems with other airports.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Can you remind me which airport this is and also provide the coordinates of the object. If I can find it then I will see if I can get rid of it

Country
italy
Can you remind me which airport this is and also provide the coordinates of the object. If I can find it then I will see if I can get rid of it
The Airport is LICR, I don't have the coordinate of the object it is not in ADE. I you load LICR you'll see that on the runway 33. Let me know if you figure out a way to remove it, thanks

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Load your project or the stock airport into ADE and open the airport in sim. Slew the user aircraft to the location of the tower and read off the red coordinates in ADE

1588776803358.png

It isn't obvious to me in sim and I want to be sure it is there for me also

Country
us-illinois
Hi Davide:

That object is not present in LICR FSX or P3Dv4.5 default scenery.

I do not have P3Dv5, but I wonder if L-M actually put a road with Power Pylons at LICR near the RWY ? :yikes:

As Chris and George allude to above, it is a "vector Autogen" object linked to a Road Line, which is a special type of CVX vector Road meta-object defined in Terrain.Cfg: :pushpin:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Terrain.cfg

// utility lines
[Autogen.0.0.0]
guid={12F31285-6183-284D-AE9E-E0D27715E792}
LegacyId=0
AutoObject={54382EC5-B1BD-4A43-AA1A-4F5F529356C3} (gen_powertower01)
ObjectSize=600
Offset=0
Density=100
MinAutogenDensity=20
PlaceOnWater=No
RandomHeading=No

CVX vector objects that exist in ex: P3Dv4.5 default scenery at LICR are seen by opening in SDK TMFViewer:

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.5.13.32097\World\Terrain\tmfviewer.exe

...this file:

[P3Dv4.5 install path]\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0602\scenery\cvx5218.bgl

Right-click on vector objects to ID their 'GUID'.

Correlate that info with Terrain.Cfg:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\terrain.cfg

...and these SDK docs:

You may wish to review these threads to see how to exclude such vector Autogen meta-objects: :idea:

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
italy
Hi Davide:

That object is not present in LICR FSX or P3Dv4.5 default scenery.

I do not have P3Dv5, but I wonder if L-M actually put a road with Power Pylons at LICR near the RWY ? :yikes:

As Chris and George allude to above, it is a "vector Autogen" object linked to a Road Line, which is a special type of CVX vector Road meta-object defined in Terrain.Cfg: :pushpin:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Terrain.cfg

// utility lines
[Autogen.0.0.0]
guid={12F31285-6183-284D-AE9E-E0D27715E792}
LegacyId=0
AutoObject={54382EC5-B1BD-4A43-AA1A-4F5F529356C3} (gen_powertower01)
ObjectSize=600
Offset=0
Density=100
MinAutogenDensity=20
PlaceOnWater=No
RandomHeading=No

CVX vector objects that exist in ex: P3Dv4.5 default scenery are seen by opening in SDK TMFViewer:

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.5.13.32097\World\Terrain\tmfviewer.exe

...this file:

[P3Dv4.5 install path]\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0602\scenery\cvx5218.bgl

Right-click on vector objects to ID their 'GUID'; correlate that info with Terrain.Cfg and these SDK docs:

You may wish to review these threads to see how to exclude such vector Autogen meta-objects: :idea:

GaryGB
I've followed you tips, I've opened the .cvx but and this is waht I see.
The vector lines are not close to the runway but somehow they are generated near the runway...
cvx 2.png

So I thought, what if I exclude all of this vector data on the mountain?
Guess what? It worked...

Still weird because it shouldn't work like that
cv3.png

You can see in the picture where the vector starts ( RED square) and where those are generated inside P3D v5 (Green circle), there is like some kind of offset. This must be fixed by LM...
Thanks to all guys! @GaryGB you are always the best!