• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v2 Can't Exclude Taxisign

Country
israel
Hi I'm using now ADE1.67(prokey) for Prepare3dv3.

I have marked a big rectangle around the all airport to exclude the default Taxisign in P3dv3 but there

are steel there!

there is no problem with the same exclude in the FSX.

how can I fix it

Regards

David

https://www.facebook.com/Davidfsx/

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
First up you don't need to exclude stock taxi signed in ADE - it is done automatically for you. To remove a taxisign from a stock airport in ADE just delete it. Large exclusion rectangles are unpredictable and if they overlap others (which they almost certainly will in a stock airport) then they can cancel themselves out. Go back to loading a stock airport, delete the signs you want to exclude. Compile it and check if the signs are gone. If not then is there another file in place that might have the signs in?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Done Thanks Jon

so now I beckup the stock Airport.bgl just in case:)

Why would you need to do that? I hope you are not saving date to the Stock Folder. All you need to do is use File > Load Stock Airport to get the stock airport loaded. Save if as an ADE project file and then delete whatever signs you want to remove.

Country
israel
... and where to compile it the main file with all the taxi, parking points, etc are finishedo_O i have try to fined in my file the taxisign and I dont have them only in the stock file I can see them

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Most people compile the new file to the Addon Scenery/scenery folder, although if this is for an addon airport I usually compile to that scenery's folder instead (the scenery subfolder).

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Some later versions of P3D v2 and now P3D v3 do not have an Addon Scenery folder by default. It is part of LM's plan to keep nasty user stuff away from the sim folders ;) You can of course add one if it is missing.

Country
israel
I have kept all the instructions that I got , put beck the original file and did a new afcad that currently in the subfolder (my scenery folder) ok no taxisign but all default wrong ugly taxiway, default terminal, library models, wrong nav aids are beck again only in P3Dv3 :banghead: do i have to do a dumy afcad or so ?

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
No, that should not be required. You should only need to have a compiled BGL file(s) from ADE in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder, AND that Addon Scenery folder added as a layer in the P3D Scenery Library.