Can't export PBR mdl

Hey there,

I tried adding a PBR material to one of Thomas Ruth's planes to test out the new feature. I have simply changed the "Is PBR material" to True only. I then tried to export the model as a p3dv4.4 mdl but get the following errors. Is it path related. I have also attached an image of the paths. Thanks for the help

1555037112567.png

1555036952240.png

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

This error means XtoMDL can't process the X file. Why that is, is hard to say from the error message. Does it export if you don't use the PBR material?

P.S. I see you put the P3D v4.4 XtoMDL and BGLComp for all FS versions in the options, I would not do that. Since that way you will get a MDL file that is invalid for e.g. FSX while you export as FSX MDL. Best to just put the compilers for the version you need.

Hey Arno,

Yes it converts fine to a standard p3dv4 or FSX format.

Ok good to know about paths. I don’t actually have physical installations of FSX and other P3D versions. They’re just dummy registry entries to allow for FSX addon scenery installations etc. I only have SDK for P3Dv4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
It's probably those dummy registry entries than that fooled MCX as well :)

Are you using the latest development release? Else you might have found a bug. Maybe you can send me the X file of the model with PBR that doesn't compile. I might be able to spot something from it.

Ok Arno, Ill flip the file to you tonight. Thanks for looking :)

I will update to 4.5, but I usually wait until there is full compatibility with all my addons before updating.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

You found a bug in MCX. The PBR materials use a different enumeration for the EmissiveMode and MCX was writing the wrong value to the X file. That's why it didn't compile. It will be fixed in the next development release of MCX.

Hey there,

Ok good to know. Glad to help out. Look forward to the new release down the line. Ill keep this thread open if i need to follow up in the future. Thanks for the help!