• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Can't make AI Flightplans tutorial successful

Mace posted a long, detailed reply to a thread in this general chat section about AI flightplans, and many ppl thanked him and said it was great. I, however, can't seem to make it work. What am I doing wrong ... ?

I have all the correct files in a folder called WORKING which is on the desktop. I'm trying to get my BGL to show up in a folder in C:\ called Flightplans. This is what my command promt reads:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Josh>desktop\working\trafficdatabasebuilder
Traffic database builder for Microsoft (R) Flight Simulator 10
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 2001-2006. All rights reserved.

Usage:
TrafficDatabaseBuilder [command-line-parameters]

Required parameters:
/Output=<traffic.bgl> traffic database BGL output file

Optional parameters:
/Airports=<airports.dat> list of airports usable by AI aircraft
/AircraftTypes=<AircraftTypes.csv> list of AI aircraft types
/Countries=<Countries.csv> Tail number formats for home countries
/BoatTerminals=<BoatTerminals.csv> shipping ports and ferry terminals
/BoatRoutes=<BoatRoutes.csv> shipping lanes and ferry routes
/BoatTypes=<BoatTypes.csv> list of AI boat types
/Schedules=<Schedules.csv> list of manually-defined aircraft schedules
/AutoSchedule=yes|no enable auto-Scheduling of aircraft (default yes)
/Log=<logfile> output all messages, warnings and errors to <logfile>
/Quiet=yes|no suppress all output to the command window (default no)
/StatsDir=<StatsDir> output directory for statistical data

If Airports are specified, AircraftTypes and Countries must also be specified.
If BoatTerminals are specified, BoatRoutes and BoatTypes must also be specified.

The /Airports, /AircraftTypes, /Schedules, /BoatTypes, /BoatTerminals, and
/BoatRoutes parameters may be repeated multiple times on the command line with
the results being cumulative. If duplicate entires are found, the last one is
used and all prior duplicates are discarded.

C:\Documents and Settings\Josh>desktop\working\trafficdatabasebuilder\output=tra
ffic_tbd1.bgl\airports=tbd1_airports.dat\aircrafttypes=ai_aircraft.csv\countries
=countries_regions.csv\schedules=tbd1_schedules.dat\autoschedule=no\statsdir=C:\
flightplans
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Documents and Settings\Josh>desktop\working\trafficdatabasebuilder\output=tra
ffic_tbd1.bgl\airports=tbd1_airports.dat\aircrafttypes=ai_aircraft.csv\countries
=countries_regions.csv\schedules=tbd1_schedules.dat\autoschedule=no\statsdir=C:\
flightplans

-------------------
Josh

Mace and several others really know what they are doing. Us beginners need to use something like AIflightplanner. A new version will be out very soon, I'm told.

Bob

Ai Sort

Ya, I messed around with Aisort for a bit but it too wants FS9 components, like built bgls. I'm hoping to figure this out in a way that circumvents FS9 tools.

-------------
Josh

flightplans

flightplans

-------------------
Josh[/QUOTE]

Gday Josh
Try making your working folder "C:\flightplans" and statsdir="C:\flightplans\Stats dir",
your traffic_tbd1.bgl should show up in the working folder and TDDB puts a summery in the Stats Dir

I can't think of why Aisort would be asking for a Fs9 bgl As AiSort only works on Text files?

Regards Frank

Angelus1971

Resource contributor
flightplans

flightplans

-------------------
Josh

Hi

I've had good success at making and converting FS9 flightplans to FSX. I do use my own code to do it but its mostly an automated process.

You could try putting spaces between each of the following parameters and making sure the "/" is the right way

Optional parameters:
/Airports=<airports.dat> list of airports usable by AI aircraft
/AircraftTypes=<AircraftTypes.csv> list of AI aircraft types
/Countries=<Countries.csv> Tail number formats for home countries
/BoatTerminals=<BoatTerminals.csv> shipping ports and ferry terminals
/BoatRoutes=<BoatRoutes.csv> shipping lanes and ferry routes
/BoatTypes=<BoatTypes.csv> list of AI boat types
/Schedules=<Schedules.csv> list of manually-defined aircraft schedules
/AutoSchedule=yes|no enable auto-Scheduling of aircraft (default yes)
/Log=<logfile> output all messages, warnings and errors to <logfile>
/Quiet=yes|no suppress all output to the command window (default no)
/StatsDir=<StatsDir> output directory for statistical data

The error your getting is because windows is thinking you have one big path and its not recognising the parameters. Can you try the following in

C:\Documents and Settings\Josh>desktop\working

trafficdatabasebuilder /output=traffic_tbd1.bgl /airports=tbd1_airports.dat /aircrafttypes=ai_aircraft.csv /countries=countries_regions.csv /schedules=tbd1_schedules.dat /autoschedule=no /statsdir=C:\flightplans

Rory

Working on it

Hi guys, sorry for leaving ya hanging for a bit. I got super busy with college starting up again. Anyway, I had time to try a few of the things you mentioned and I'm about to work a little more on it. I've had mixed results but some of it looks promising. New error messages are popping up but I'm further than before.

THANKS SO SO MUCH FOR REPLYING!!!

I'll get another reply up here soon.

Josh

Closer

Ok Rory, I tried the string you suggested

C:\flightplans\trafficdatabasebuilder /output=traffic_tbd1.bgl /airports=tbd1_airports.dat /aircrafttypes=ai_aircraft.csv /countries=countries_regions.csv /schedules=tbd1_schedules.dat /autoschedule=no /statsdir=C:\flightplans

It came back with:

C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\countries_regions.csv : error: Unable to open cou
ntry data in countries_regions.csv

I opened the .csv file and everything look OK. Just for good measure I deleted that file and copied one directly from the toolbox again in case the file was somehow corrupt but it didn't seem to work. Any thoughts?

Josh

Almost there ...

Ok, I solved that problem. I little issue with my cmd line but it's out of the way. I think I'm down to more simple questions. I succesfully created a flightplan with no reported errors other than a few flight lever adjustment warnings, but I was expecting those. Just a few final Q's ...

Where do I place the traffic_tbd1.bgl?

Is there a way to do a touch and go?

Is there a way for me to creat a flightplan which calls for one aircraft to takeoff then land at that same airport again?

THANKS AGAIN SO SO MUCH ... !!!!!

YOU SAVED ME TONS OF TIME!!

Josh