• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Can't tick path to BGLComp

Country
canada
Hello there.
I've used Library Creator successfully in the past with Vista and Win7.
Now that I'm on Win8 the path to BGLComp in LC2 won't stay ticked and I can't compile a library.LC3 shows the correct path but no compilation either.
Any ideas?
Thanks

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

The path is not supposed to be ticked in the menu. But you mean that if you browse to the right location it is not remembered?

Is this for the fsx or the fs2004 path?

And now you get an error during compilation that bglcomp can not be found?

Country
canada
Thanks for your reply,Arno.
This is for FSX on Windows 8.
I can create a new library but I can't return to it later and add an additional object.The same happens with libraries created earlier in other Windows OS.The letters are all in red and this is the report I get:

Parsing document: library_creator_xml_temp_compile.xml

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2014: Failed to load model data in file: 78897f8d-5d59-4e9c-83b4-b0cf49b239de
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2149: Failed to load model data! Does the file exist?
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2340: Failed to finalize MODEL_DATA!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:

ERROR: <FSData
ERROR: version = 9.0
ERROR: >
ERROR: <ModelData
ERROR: sourceFile = 78897f8d-5d59-4e9c-83b4-b0cf49b239de
ERROR:
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2024: Failed to process closing element tag <ModelData> near line 2!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2033: XML Parse Error (line, column, error)

ERROR: 3, 112, The attribute 'name' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2952: Attribute 'name' is not allowed in element 'ModelData'!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2031: Failed element parse <ModelData>

ERROR: sourceFile = C:\Users\Spitfire4\Desktop\USFS_lookout.mdl
ERROR: name = 39DFC9D3653FCA47A281D5751AF7ADCA
ERROR:
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2453: Model (C:\Users\Spitfire4\Desktop\USFS_lookout.mdl) is not an FSX scenery model. Please use new tools!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2014: Failed to load model data in file: C:\Users\Spitfire4\Desktop\USFS_lookout.mdl
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2149: Failed to load model data! Does the file exist?
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2340: Failed to finalize MODEL_DATA!

ERROR: sourceFile = C:\Users\Spitfire4\Desktop\USFS_lookout.mdl
ERROR: name = 39DFC9D3653FCA47A281D5751AF7ADCA
ERROR:
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2024: Failed to process closing element tag <ModelData> near line 3!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2607: Compilation errors detected, compilation failed!

Parse complete!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

But it seems you are compiling a library with fs2004 models and using fs2004 XML code. In that case you need to use the fs2004 bglcomp, do you have that sdk installed on your system as well?

Country
canada
Hello Arno.
Well,I still can't figure it out.I'm trying to add FSX .mdl objects to a library consisting of only that type of .mdl's and I keep getting the same error message.
About using fs2004 XML code - I'm using BGL2XML for the FSX libraries.
?
In any case,my next post will be in the MCX forum with another query.
Regards.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

But you get exactly the same error?

That error really indicates you have fs2004 style xml. If you only have fsx mdl files, you can try to make a new library and add all the mdl files to that library. Afterwards try to compile it.