• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Carenado 114 and Shorts 360 Panels

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi all,

Last two then I will stop boring everyone

First is Commander 114 fully functioning all lights switches gauges work as they should and tie into to VC

Second is my first large Turbo Prop all gauges work and most of switches just got warning lights to do so will be a while lol

b8ZKla8.jpg

iWg25kj.jpg

Cheers
Matt

Interesting. Where did you get your panel reference from? It's very non-standard. The GPWS is missing, (ex-factory) they were all fitted with Collins avionics, the rain repellant is missing (!!), the marker beacon panel is missing and the attendant call has been renamed Cabin Smoke. Ignoring the GPS, it looks like it could be an S-23 or a Sharjah special. I used to work in Shorts and still have half a shelf of SD3-60-200/300 manuals and associated photographs.

Regretfully no; I'm not parting with any of them because I want to do an SD3-60-300 again some day.

[Edit] Ah! The GPWS has been moved to the left of the panel, just offscreen. It's normally where the VOR/ILS switch is. Also, with no rain repellant, I think I'd bet on a Sharjah special.

Last edited:
Well I just copied the VC and made a 2d panel I did not make the original so I have no idea where they got reference from, I believe Carenado only copy one aircraft that they have access to and how that Is what they create. So bearing in mind these are getting quite old now I would imagine a few would have modified to keep operational on a budget as they are defiantly at the cheaper end of the market these days.

I am just curious why you would mention the fact you have photographs if you were not willing to share them with the community. Don't worry I wont be asking I still work in the industry and could easily gain access to a Shed if I so desired. I am just a hobbiest and not a pro designer by any stretch of the imagination but just seemed a very weird thing to say maybe I missing something. That being said if you do choose to make a 360 and you need anything extra photos or time with an actual aircraft just let me know and I will see what I can do.

Cheers
Matt

Last edited:
I mentioned the manuals and photographs to provide a 'real world' point for my comments, rather than being one of those who learns from Google and hasn't a clue what they are really talking about. The final comment about not parting with them was to try and head off any requests; it has happened and I hate offending with a refusal. Not because I won't do it, but when you get repeated requests for a complete copy of all the manuals... it gets a bit much. You know how many there are.

There's a Shed in the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum at Cultra, Belfast. Rather, to be accurate it's the front end of an SD3-30 with an SD3-60 panel fitout done by Shorts' apprentices back in the early 2000s. It is (was) khaki green because it's original fate was to be converted to an S-23, but the US Gov cancelled that contract. Shorts Training School used it for conversion courses. At one point it was headed for the scrap bin because there was no money to finish the project (that was when I first came across it with wires hanging out of it like a spaghetti bush) but the Training School saved it with the help of the UFTM.

That said, I really appreciated the offer of time and pictures.

Last edited:
Ouch!! My FS98/2000 version was better than that for systems. Everything was modelled (yes, I even kludged a turboprop system into it). I know that quite a few conversion pilots continued to refer to it after the course was complete because they emailed me to tell me so. I admit that knowing it was being refered to for RW use was a real warm feeling.

[Edit] Well whaddya know! I've just found one of the original reviews for it, if anyone's interested. https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?1408

Ouch!! My FS98/2000 version was better than that for systems. Everything was modelled (yes, I even kludged a turboprop system into it). I know that quite a few conversion pilots continued to refer to it after the course was complete because they emailed me to tell me so. I admit that knowing it was being refered to for RW use was a real warm feeling.
I don't know if you still have the original source files for the gauges, but have you ever thought about bringing it into the 64 bit world? I'll bet a bit of MCX clickspot and animation editing magic could make the Carenado visual model work with your systems.

I'm kind of tempted to buy Carenado's attempt just to see if I can fix it. You can really do just about anything with MCX and XML+XMLTools now, and someone clearly put a lot of time and effort into the 3d Cockpit so I'd hate to let that effort go to waste.

Back