• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Casarrubios del Monte LEMT (Spain)

Country
spain
Hello there

My name is Jose (maybe some of you know me as Bostar from others forums) and I´m from Spain. Until now I´ve participate very little here because my terrible engl..eer...spanglish. Excuse me in advance if in any moment I smash violently the english grammar. As you can imagine it's not my intention o;)

In the last months I´ve been working on the scenery of Casarrubios del Monte (LEMT) a little airport at south of Madrid (Spain). But, first at all, I must say: it will be FREEWARE

7bkEwEwl5t3-KJPSUyT2T-e0nJ6wuG1nqOsx15yc2E4gvsSw3JVnsVGbJMyl1mMbGJLDTWExy1ExM8HA8mW6mx_BZFVxKRtvYewJH-p4b174UhmJvupV.jpg

The reason to choose this one is the terrible FSX´s representation (in FS9 doesn´t even exist). This is shame because is one of the most busy general aviation airpots in Spain. Several schools from more bigger airports (like CuatroVientos -LECU-) train daily touch´n´go there and it is base for a huge number of ultralight aircrafts, helos, autogyros and even some historical ones.

BTW another important reason is I learned to land there ;)

ADE.jpg

Not only it suffered a severe offset from the real location but also the platform and the hangars are ...mirrored?

The scenery will include the airport and the enviroment, POI, notifications points, etc.

Yuh2Rw637S0d9_LRmmrOM3sGKVjbqzRXvtlIrggurAFUF5l6RBvK6cfIs2VjpeGEUBpt7raHid3KUrmwsBzNFx2J3zMMmWN0PW1pJq4nXiV8ROotRO0V.jpg

Some of the features:

Enviroment:
-A 5m mesh (source: Instituto Geográfico Nacional, IGN).
-Photoscenery (only one season) using "recolored" 0.5m orthophotos, taken between 2010 and 2011 (from IGN too).

mesh_00.jpg

mesh_01.jpg

mesh_02.jpg

Autogen carefully hand-placed (13.000 buildings and 26.000 trees).
-Custom building autogen textures more similar to the real ones.
-Custom library for industrial buildings

autogen_00.jpg

autogen_01.jpg

autogen_02.jpg

autogen_03.jpg

autogen_04.jpg

autogen_05.jpg

autogen_06.jpg

Airport:
- 4-5cm/px groundpoly (aprox). I would loved to reach the 2cm/px like Orbx´s Steward but my 4Gb RAM station can´t handle such mega files ;)
- Friendly frame rate buildings with baked textures from high poly models (Ambient Occlusion too)

LEMT_01.jpg

LEMT_02.jpg

LEMT_03.jpg

LEMT_04.jpg

LEMT_05.jpg

LEMT_06.jpg

LEMT_07.jpg

LEMT_08.jpg

LEMT_09.jpg

LEMT_10.jpg

I did not use nor Gmax nor 3DMax or any other high expensive tool. All the objects and some textures have been generated by Blender and imported into FS thru the awesome ModelConverterX.

There is others features but I have not yet decided if I will include them in the final release (for example night texture).

I have another low priority project: update my old Madrid photoscenery with the new 2011 orthophotos. This time I´m trying to homogenize the different orthos to get a summer-dry “feelling”.

Mad20_01.jpg

Mad20_02.jpg

BTW as a truly FSEconomy/virtual bush pilot addict ;) I would love to make a scenery in PNW area. In the past, in the Georenders and megascenery PNW years, I tried to make Packwood (55s) for FS9. Sadly I did not finish it due the lack of online photos. Obviously with the wonderful Orbx representation of this area... I would like to try again, but maybe with other airstrip more close to the Vancouver Island area. But, first, I must finish LEMT.

In the next weeks I´m going to post in my blog/twitter the LEMT´s evolution.

Anyway I hope you like the screenshots.

Un saludo!

Country
unitedstates
very nice. i used blender for some models, but sketchup is faster in my opinion for basework. intricates and higher detail may be easier in blender.

How did you prevent the moire effect on the corrugated metal of the GA hangar? im still hitting that wall.

LEMT_04.jpg

Country
spain
Hi Bostar, congrats, very nice airport, have great quality, I think you could be prepeared to make a great airport in the next proyect, though it's could became in something no so funny, and naaa¡ your english is better than mine, for sure :D saludos.

Last edited:
Hola Pepe!

Very nice job, for sure!
You chose a good airfield in a region that does not need a lot of seasonal variations. But a dusk/night scenery would be nice. That should not be too hard to add?
Me too, I am wondering if you have moire effects on your buildings or if you managed to find a way to resolve that.

Roby

PS (so that you know it is me): I find your English better than some of the entries here that come from the USofA ;) :).
PS2 Hey, you are hijacking some my login particulars (my former dog names) I have had for the last twenty years:(!.

Country
spain
Gentlemen, thank you for all your comments. It's an honor to receive this kind words in this forum. As I said before, since a lot of years (since the first years of AVSim scenery design forum) I´ve want to share my little projects or ask some questions, but at the end, I always felt a little "shy" due my english. I could talk/write about scenery design for hours... in spanish, but in english... Well, I guess it´s a matter of time lose my silly shyness.

#Monsieur Manson: merci beaucoup pour le post sur votre blog ;)

#kevintampa5 and robystar, about the moire: Right now I´m making some test (for the hangar´s roof) with the mipmap options in the nvidia plugin. Seems very promising. But if I can´t achieve a good solution I suspect I will modify the smaller mimaps lowering their contrast.

#Bernardo, I have been always very jealous about your english skills ;) BTW do you post in any spanish forums? maybe en foroaviones? I don´t know your work and I would like it.

#ricardo_r and ollyau, thank you! :)

#Robystar about night textures: It´s a large orthophoto with several small towns and complex streets. So, make a good night texture it would be a huge task. But, I will try, using some vectorial maps (roads & streets), to create a mask for photoshop to apply some "night light lovely effect" ;). The problem is I don´t know if I will have enough time to do it.
Your comment about my english... oh man, you made my day :D

And about my nicks: Bostar was my first nick in the internet (in my first frags at Quake 3, Counter Strike and Ultima Online!). But I have another one: spaceoperavictim but this one I only use it for my other nerdy hobbys like EVE online, homeworld ;D BTW if your dog´s name is Bostar I'm sure it is a very great dog :D

#Stanislaw I´ve received your PM. Thank you very much. I will give you an answer today.

Country
spain
Hi Bostar, I post eventually in AirHispania, but very ocasionally, you know, because his great photoreal thread, but the forum is too quiet.
I was thinking to post the scenery I was working on, for Canary Island, El Hierro airport, now is going slow, all those houses and autogen, but I think will be finished :confused:, just because I want contribute a little with the flightsim world, just a little, nice to know you are working in that great scenery, very cool, greetings and saludos.
Edit: by the way, and I envy your ground polys,:mad:, are excellents :D

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
wow, did you place the house one by one or using a tools?

same question. What tools are you using for this project for:
Textures
Models
Etc...

Just list them all if you dont mind. :) Some of us still use ancient stuff cause we dont know of newer things (AFCAD 2.21 for example, found ADE by accident looking for a newer AFCAD)

I am following this project closely, as it has some features I see that I wish to create for my scenery, and will probably be asking when I get to it. I had the Moire effect issue resolved by creating a larger texture plate (1024x1024 instead of 256x256) but that has a noticeable FPS hit when rolled in large numbers, but its not all the time. Different settings in sim produce different effects. I will be trying a mipmap method that was explained to me not long ago to see if that generates better results using a 256x256.

Country
spain
Hi

the autogen is made by hand. Sadly, the open street maps coverage in this area of Spain is very poor, so I can´t use Arno´s autogen generator. I created my own very-basic-industrial-buildings library too, so the industrial areas are a mix between library objects and autogen.

The tools I use:

Blender - 3D models and some textures (using his node system and baking from high poly models). For example, for the hangar texture I didn´t use any kind of photo, it´s entirely generate from ambient occlusion map from a highpoly model and a lot of hours of texturing and digital painting.

Photoshop - For ground textures, I made them using my own photos/textures and several from CGTexture.com (and, again, hours..er...days and days and days of intense texturing sesions ;))

ADE - General layout airport, exclude, etc

SBuilder - For the bloody flatten. Sorry for the expresion, but this task was extremely painful to complete. I took me a lot of days to achieve a good result.

ModelconverterX - to export collada models to FSX, change the object´s shadows to a low poly model, and generate a void LOD

Instantscenery 2 - I use this program to preview the objects in the scenery and to calculate coordinates position. Later I prefer to create my own .xml to generate the final .bgl.

Globalmapper - To reproject the orthophotos and the mesh terrain.

That´s all folks ;)

Last edited:
Country
spain
Gentlemen I´ve just published in my blog another update about my LEMT scenery:

entrada_zps53d552ce.jpg

BAKED_zps1c11353a.jpg

I talk about my progress using Blender´s sculpting feature to achieve meshes with more detail and more realistic textures.

I hope you enjoy.

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Nice models.

So you use collada to go from Blender to FSX? Does that work fine or do you have to do a lot of work to tune the models after importing the collada file? I haven't test with blender made collada files before.

Country
spain
Hi,

Nice models.

So you use collada to go from Blender to FSX? Does that work fine or do you have to do a lot of work to tune the models after importing the collada file? I haven't test with blender made collada files before.

Hi Arno

Yep I have problems with the shadows generating .mdl files with MCX (collada and 3ds too). Right now I´m converting the collada files into .3ds to get the .mdl using Gmax. I have made several tests modifying the center pivot in Blender or using a custom model for shadows, etc. I follow all your updates in the blog and I check all the MCX releases but the problem persists.

At last, I think the only reason it would be in my system, a spanish version W7 64bit (although I have configured the decimal sign as "." instead ",") or maybe some strange and hidden library installed in my system.

Anyway if you have a little spare time to check these files I posted maybe can find the differences between these .mdl (one generated with MCX and the other one with Gmax). I´d appreciate it because working only with MCX is a lot of more productive ;)

Country
spain
Sin palabras, siempre es muy bueno para ver que hay gente como usted que tiene un gran interés en los aeropuertos de España y especialmente cuando añades detalles como en los fotos!
Sigue asi y animo! Jeje, saludos, Matthew. :D