CAT in FS2004 gamepack

I have been using CAT in FS2002 Gamepack with great success, Thanks so much Arno. I now want to use it in FS2004 gamepack but when I export here it does not produce an ASM or ASM_0 file. It does not allow me to select "Keep Files" or anything else for that matter. Can you please tell me if there is some setting that I must make here to get the ASM files?

I saw in previous enteries that in the CAT CFG I must change to read "Keep Files =1" My CAT CFG seems to have only the words FREE about a dozen times in it??????? I would have though this would be a setting in either GMax or the SDK???

Thanks

Al Gay
Flight Ontario

Ok I have learned how to make GMax produce the asm files, it is in the makemdl.cfg. Keep =1

CAT now produces a nice new MDL file. Can someone please tell me how to produce a BGL with it that will contain the CAT conditions that I entered.

Thanks,

Al Gay

just curious....but are you able to keep asm files by editing the makemdl.cfg....meaning you dont need to install middleman and mdl commander...and if so can you tell me where you found to do this because i have nothing but problems when trying to use middleman and mdl commander to get asm files....THANKS

Dave

Damian,

Thank you very much, that worked just fine. These things are so easy when you know how. :teacher:

Ablitos, Yes that is exactly what I did, in the Makemdl.cfg there is a statement called "Keep=0" at least that is what mine said. I changed the "0" to a "1" and it now produces the ASM files. I hope it does not harm somewhere else, I guess I will find out soon enough. :scratchch

Cheers,

Al Gay
Flight Ontario

I only have two lines in my makemdl.cfg file, the last two paths where I saved my mdl file. Where, oh where is the "Keep=0" line????? :banghead:

Bob

mine had 2 line but added 2 more lines.....should look like this now.....

[Settings]
LastDir=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\Scenery
[Options]
Keep=1

all i added was [Options]
Keep=1

i just tested it and works perfectly fine. Thanks AL for the input.

MUCH APPRICIATED!!!!

Dave

also here is a thread for options that i just came across
http://scenerydesign.org/forum/showthread.php?t=287

Dave,

Thanks!!!!!!....I had added the "Keep=1" line but not the [Options]....now to move on to the next step.....hope this works!!!
And thanks again guys!!!

Bob