FS2004 CAT with service cars in the airport

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Hi Arno,
I'd like to ask whether CAT can be applied to the service cars moving around and freeze the frame of animation when condition applied (not bounce back to original position). The reason I asking this I'm thinking about making animated bus moving around the airport but when the bus crossing the taxiway on the apron, they will pass right through user airplane. Are there anyway to make them stop or freeze the animation to the frame that user airplane is in the certain distance? It would be nice if it possible. I also thinking of AI bus instead of animation. Problems come afther this thought since AI bus can park on apron taking place of 744!!!!
Thanks,
jtanabodee

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

CAT will always use the reverse animation for the return, so I think that would look a bit weird with vehicles. You could use the same animation tweaks on vehicles, but I think you would manually have to code the triggers, etc.

dear Arno,

Do you have a code to reverse a different animation?, for an example using the nav freq to activate the animation A, and at the time of the nav freq disable then animation B will run, so animation A only active when user turn freq only not to be reverse.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

No, I have no tool for that. That would require quite some manual ASM tweaking, where you copy-paste the animation code from different animations you exported for GMax.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Thanks Arno. What do you think about AI? If it is possible to apply to service cars in the airport. I think it might confuse with the main airport if we make AI in the same place. At least, confuse the user when looking at GPS.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I think AI is indeed not the best choice for airport traffic, although i think there are some people who use it.