• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Center gear animation stuck

Country
unitedstates
Im working on animating my aircraft in a blender and I've successfully gotten animations to work for the control surfaces and the left and right gear, the center gear animation is being picked up by the sim (it's always extended and if I remove the animation it's always retracted) yet the animation does not play. I've looked in blender, checked through the gtlf file, and all the configs and I can't find anything different between the center gear and the other gear. I've been trying everything I can think of for hours now so if anyone has any advice on how to fix it that would be great.
Screenshot 2021-02-05 050545.pngScreenshot 2021-02-05 050618.png
here's the package if you want to take a look, it's very unfinished: download

Country
unitedkingdom
I had a similar problem and it was down to a typo in the animation name.

it might be worth re-checking your animation and part names.

Country
unitedstates
I think it's some issue with the animation itself that's causing it to be static on export, but I can't figure out what it is. In the console on load, there is no error finding the animation so my thought is that the animation data its reading is somehow static. when I try to reimport to blender the animation is still working but there are extra keyframes that arent on the nla track only on the center gear animations, not sure how this relates to the issue but I can't seem to figure out how to fix it from that.

Country
unitedstates
Just going to update my troubleshooting process in case anyone else has this issue. I renamed the NLA track for the center gear animation to the same as the left gear and the animation works fine in-game. This means the blender side of what I'm doing is set up correctly, Im going to keep looking at the configs, and ill update this when I figure it out.

Country
unitedkingdom
I have had to delete some animations as I had two NLA tracks for the same part.

Have you got more than one NLA track for the centre gear?

Country
unitedstates
Are using a behaviours template or custom xml for the animation?
Custom. GEAR ANIMATION POSITION:0 seems to be the issue as if I switch it to one or two the animation works, I'm not sure if there's anywhere this directs too that could be breaking it. Should I be using templates?

Country
unitedkingdom
Actually, I have just looked at the code I used, and I also have 100 keyframes for the xml animation length, but my animation in blender has 200 frames, 100 for extension and then 100 to 200 for extension.

Country
unitedstates
Actually, I have just looked at the code I used, and I also have 100 keyframes for the xml animation length, but my animation in blender has 200 frames, 100 for extension and then 100 to 200 for extension.
That shouldn't be an issue, In the fs2020 documentation it says that 100 should be 100% scale, and from my testing, that is correct because it works for the L and R gear. And as I stated before the animation itself is working properly but there's something where it won't react to the center gear position variable but works fine if I set it to the left or right gear one.

Country
unitedkingdom
There is an issue with your flight_model cfg file and the nose landing gear values.

I added the values for the nose wheel from my model and the nose gear on your Mig-15 extends and retracts.

See the attached file.

Attachments

• flight_model.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 199
Country
unitedstates
There is an issue with your flight_model cfg file and the nose landing gear values.

I added the values for the nose wheel from my model and the nose gear on your Mig-15 extends and retracts.

See the attached file.
Thank you so much for finding this, I looked at that but I didn't see anything wrong with it so I didn't test it. This was driving me crazy.

Country
us-washington
So, if the animation length is supposed to be 100, it makes me wonder how you handle the previous sims' routine of setting keyframe 100 as fully-extended but not compressed, 101 as resting on the ground (slightly compressed), and 200 for fully compressed? I'm having trouble with my retractable gear on my 1st Blender MSFS aircraft. All of the animations work flawlessly except for the flaps and c_gear, l_gear, and r_gear. I can take off, and can retract the gear, and flaps. I can then test them a few times before they (all of a sudden) stop working completely, while all of the control surface animations continue to work. If I'm lucky I can get about a minute of testing in before they stop. Frustrating. I've tried both the new "behaviors" and "sim" options, while being careful to spell things correctly avoid duplicate NLA tracks, etc. I've spent a week on this and it's driving me crazy.

EDIT: I figured out my problem. I used the "SimpleAircraft" as a base aircraft for creataing my plane. In my contact settings I had the "gear system type" set for "electric". I switched it to manual (choice 3) and it works perfectly. My gear and flaps must have been on the same circuit, and it can't handle both, and an imaginary circuit breaker must have been cutting them out after just a few minutes.

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Bigglesworth,

I was going to suggest that was the problem. I had a similar issue where my gear stopped extending after a while and I found out that it had changed from a hydraulic to electric gear system at some point.