FSX Cessna U206G Soloy Turbine Pac Mark I + II

I´m following this thread since it´s WIP and i´m amazed and this is one of my favourite airplanes on FSX, I Like so much to fly RAW Data IFR, but i missed a DME (Not based on the gps)

Andi´m also having a problem, i don´t know it can be my saitek throttle but when i put the fuel, she spools up like a dragster car and the brakes can´t even hold and i have to adjust throttle until she come back to idle. Anyone having this problem? Thanks a lot!!

FlightPort Cessna U206G Soloy Mark 1 V3.0 is released at Simouthouse in library. For FSX and P3D V1+/V2+/V3+ and for P3DV4+ as a separate native version.

What is new in V3.0?

It contains all six models of V2.0, but with a lot of improvements. And the great repaints of Rafal "YoYo" with 4096 HD textures, too.

Alexander Metzger has reworked the airfiles - and the engine parameters of the Allison 250-C20S were very realistically integrated into the model.

The ground/flight idle switch (throttle_set) now has function (important for engine handling). Adjusted manual and automatic engine start. The starter switch MUST be actively switched off again after starting the engine, otherwise the throttle lever has no function.

Important: XMLTools for FSX or P3DV3 must be installed to get a realistic engine behavior. Only with this you can start the engine without having trouble, e.g. the unrealistic preclosing (hot start bug) has finally come to an end. Please see readme and manual in Custom model folder.

Also new in short:
- Fuselage and wings reworked and new textured
- new floats with animated control wires
- Function Propeller control lever new
- Function Fuel Cutoff lever new
- new and improved display of the engine displays
- DME Avionic built into the VC.
- fixed misleading information for setting the fuel cut-off lever in the checklists

Cessna U206G Soloy MK1 Custom V3 is the base model folder. You need it to display all other models correctly. A new repaint kit V3 is available as separate download (see FSX Other or P3D-Addons).

Hope you like the new V3.0.

Cheers
Thomas

Oh my... Finally, it's released! Thanks a million, Thomas!!! v2.0 was/is awesome, I guess the next version is superior... I wish I was as talented as you are...

There was one of these based out of Montgomery Field in San Diego back in the early 90s...Had a Robertson STOL kit installed also with wing fences and drooped ailerons...VERY impressive performance!

Can you please advise how I can adjust the speed? I'm kind of blind without performance tables, so I apologize for my ignorance... I'm a regular low flyer, maybe that's the reason I constantly get the airspeed needle near the red mark at altitudes at or below 5000; throttle at almost 50% cause otherwise I hit the red mark.
Less than 50% throttle also affects the engine noise - it sounds as if the aircraft is on ground.

Thanks!

Rustam, throttle lever setting in a small turbine is not so important, you have to fly in the green sectors of engine displays. And it is not comparable with a Dash 8. in behavior. In 20.000 ft for example you need much more throttle (lever ~80 %) to get the same indicated airspeed of e.g. 130 kts constant in green engine areas. The Soloy MK1 perforns nearly real engine data. We have the performance tables, Alexander created airfiles on it, but we can´t publish them. Sorry for that.

Thomas

Last edited:
No problem, Thomas, I can live without the tables for now. I've never flown on a real Soloy, so cannot comment on engine performance but indeed your work is top notch and deserves all the best for a freeware aircraft. :) It flies very smooth. Next time I should be more careful with the airspeed on such a powerful turboprop.
Good luck to you and Alex, especially on Make II!!!

Working on Cessna Soloy T206H Mark 2 again. Next steps are 3D integration of F1 G500/600 in VC, a working GPU/APU with sounds. And raineffects. Many thanks to Heretic for opening my eyes! Alexander Metzger will do airfiles for Mark 2, too - this is really great.

WIP shot of Mark 2 cockpit with 3D integrated F1 G500/600 glass cockpit in VC. Very nice with synthetic terrain display of PFD. All is running fine. All development of Mark 2 will go to Mark 1 update.

TurboCompound

Resource contributor
Now that you guys have nailed down the Allison 250 simulation, are you thinking about covering other Allison 250 aircraft (such as the BN Defender)?

Great work!

Working on new Cessna T206H Soloy MK2 Sentinel. Its the missing Law Enforcement model and has like in real new wing and rudder sizes, a working FLIR camera and new cockpit and cabine style. Will get a new and very accurate airfile. New features are wig wag (pulse) 3D-lighting and new individual light effects. Engine displays now have digital displays, too. Ready to use F1 G600, F1 GNS, F1 GTN or RXP GTN.

Using panel without any payware.

F1 G600 and F1 GNS

F1 G600 and F1 GTN

Thomas