• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Cessna U206G Soloy Turbine Pac Mark I + II

Country
germany
I am currently working on a rare Cessna 206 conversation. It will be a fully new model, first native FSX. Exterior models of Mark I are nealy finished. I try to cover turbine behavior of 418 SHP Allison 250-C20S Turboshaft of Mark I as real as possible. VC and cabin working are the next steps.

19687270fb.jpg

3-blade propeller
19687271no.jpg

5-blade propeller
19687272uh.jpg

19687273nq.jpg

19687274ke.jpg

Mark II Conversion with 450 SHP Rolls-Royce 250B17F (new models) will follow. Work will be freeware.

Thomas

Country
germany
Thank you all. This is my very first native FSX plane model. I thought it is a nice project to start - but real-life adapting of the engine handling is a big challenge to me. But we will see...

These birds are really rare. Only ~100 of Mark I´s are build. So, if you have unpublished photos of panels/cabins (both Mark I+II), you are very welcome.

Thomas

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Wow, this looks great!

I look forward to flying that float version.

Wow, that thing has one massive engine! Looks great!
The turbine weighs about 350 pounds less than the piston engine it replaces.

To keep the CoG in place the lighter engine has to be moved forward. Most of that nose cowling is probably empty.

cheers,
Lane

Country
germany
Lane is right. Thank you for Information.

19738828je.jpg

19738829yn.jpg

This will be the VC panels of Mark I + II (Wheels). Mark I will get a fuel cutting switch. The photos are showing a panel configuration of a current operating Mark II for Skydivers in Germany. Advantage for me, the late Mark I has similar panel configs. The float versions will get their special gear gauge. Most of avionics will be 3D.

Thomas

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Nice 'high-tech' tennis ball on the starboard side! :rotfl:

Country
us-colorado
Oh my, that is gorgeous! The FS world has been long in need of a Soloy conversion Cessna. Great work so far - can't wait to fly this one in the sim!

Country
us-colorado
Looking great and thanks for installing a Garmin stack instead of the King radios. :)

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Very good! When you have time, a little wear & tear on the textures would be the icing on that cake.