• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Change AFCAD airport pay (no marketplace)

Country
italy
Hi, with the release of GSX Pro for MSFS, I noticed that some pay airports (not purchased from the marketplace) in my possession are not made in a workmanlike manner.

Particularly at some airports, when I try to adjust the position of the airplane in a gate/parking, GSX says it is "isolated".

I've used ADE on P3D and this makes me think that gate/parking is not connected to taxiways (or worse).

That said, I would like to understand how to import AFCAD into ADE, because it seems a bit more complicated than P3D to me.

Can you help me?

Thank you.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Do you know how to create a project for MSFS with ADE?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Perhaps read the help file with attention to creating projects? http://scruffyduck.org.uk/ade_2020_help/ This is accessible from the Help Menu in ADE 2020

The help for creating a project from a MSFS Bgl file is empty

Select File > Create Project From MSFS Bgl file and fill in the details you need. Click Generate Names and Folders and you should be asked for the path to the bgl file.

Load it and Save the project. If you get that far OK let me know. If not then perhaps you can attach the MSFS bgl file to a post in this thread so that I can take a look at it

Country
bulgaria
Perhaps read the help file with attention to creating projects? http://scruffyduck.org.uk/ade_2020_help/ This is accessible from the Help Menu in ADE 2020

The help for creating a project from a MSFS Bgl file is empty

Select File > Create Project From MSFS Bgl file and fill in the details you need. Click Generate Names and Folders and you should be asked for the path to the bgl file.

Load it and Save the project. If you get that far OK let me know. If not then perhaps you can attach the MSFS bgl file to a post in this thread so that I can take a look at it
I got an CTD when try to open the BGL file

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
It would help if you provided some information and a screenshot of the error message and also please provide a copy of the bgl file that generates the error

Country
bulgaria
It would help if you provided some information and a screenshot of the error message and also please provide a copy of the bgl file that generates the error
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ScruffyDuck.Flightsim.Scenery.SceneryObject.AirportRecord.Runway.ProcessSurfaceData(String pSurface)
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.XmlClasses.LoadXmlSource.ProcessRunways(SceneryBase parent, ctAirport xmlAirport)
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.XmlClasses.LoadXmlSource.ProcessAirports(SceneryBase parent)
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.XmlClasses.LoadXmlSource.LoadXml2SceneryFile(SceneryBase parent)
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.MainForm.OpenAirportXmlFileByName(String path, String ident)
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.MainForm.NewProjectFromMSFSBglMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Attachments

• LBSF.bgl
    39.2 KB · Views: 67

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This is a problem with the surface specified for the runway. It is probably an ADE error rather than something in the bgl file. I have added it to my fix list.

Meantime I will see if I can generate a project file for you from this bgl files

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
The supplied LBSF does not change much of the default LBSF. No changes to ILS or taxiways (it appears some taxiway sections and a few parking is added). Mostly the placement of default library objects and a bunch of projected mesh. If few changes are needed, you can just make a stub of the airport, and add or exclude what you need there. Here's a stub:

XML:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<FSData version="9.0">
  <Airport country="Bulgaria" state="Sofia" city="Sofia" name="Sofia Airport" region="Sofia" lat="42.691933661699295" lon="23.403203040361404" alt="530.201M" ident="LBSF" trafficScalar="1" isOnTIN="FALSE" onlyAddIfReplace="FALSE" applyFlatten="TRUE" starAirport="TRUE" closed="FALSE" groundMergingTransfertBright="7" groundMergingTransfertDark="7" airportTestRadius="10000.00000000000000">
    </Airport>
</FSData >

Country
bulgaria
The supplied LBSF does not change much of the default LBSF. No changes to ILS or taxiways (it appears some taxiway sections and a few parking is added). Mostly the placement of default library objects and a bunch of projected mesh. If few changes are needed, you can just make a stub of the airport, and add or exclude what you need there. Here's a stub:

XML:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<FSData version="9.0">
  <Airport country="Bulgaria" state="Sofia" city="Sofia" name="Sofia Airport" region="Sofia" lat="42.691933661699295" lon="23.403203040361404" alt="530.201M" ident="LBSF" trafficScalar="1" isOnTIN="FALSE" onlyAddIfReplace="FALSE" applyFlatten="TRUE" starAirport="TRUE" closed="FALSE" groundMergingTransfertBright="7" groundMergingTransfertDark="7" airportTestRadius="10000.00000000000000">
    </Airport>
</FSData >
nope, there is a lot more than just this, but maybe it is not visible here, the hole scenery is different, I just want to find some way to delete the default stands, and make my gsx find the correct path(not the default one)

Country
us-illinois
nope, there is a lot more than just this, but maybe it is not visible here, the hole scenery is different, I just want to find some way to delete the default stands, and make my gsx find the correct path(not the default one)

Hi Stancho123:

What is the source of this scenery package ?

Was the LBSF airport "payware" MSFS BGL you attached above actually created as a 'port' from a X-Plane scenery ?

FYI: I found this scenery add-on at flightsim.to with your name as author:

https://flightsim.to/file/15803/sofia-airport-lbsf

https://alpha.flightsim.to/uploads/0014/Community1.1_qfmM9.rar

Please explain in greater detail how you created this airport, and whether it is intended to 'become' payware- or if it is / will be- freeware.

Additionally, please tell us if the attched LBSF.BGL above- or any files in the package linked above- were edited using a HEX editor after compiled by the MSFS SDK fspackagetool.

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
bulgaria
I never said that I wanted to make it payware, I just want to fix the problem where the default stands are messed up with the custom ones, and also a problem with my gsx that found AFCAD of default scenery, not this one. The scenery in flightsim.to is mine, but the one that I posted is totally different and
Hi Stancho123:

What is the source of this scenery package ?

Was the LBSF airport "payware" MSFS BGL you attached above actually created as a 'port' from a X-Plane scenery ?

FYI: I found this scenery add-on at flightsim.to with your name as author:

https://flightsim.to/file/15803/sofia-airport-lbsf

https://alpha.flightsim.to/uploads/0014/Community1.1_qfmM9.rar

Please explain in greater detail how you created this airport, and whether it is intended to 'become' payware- or if it is / will be- freeware.

Additionally, please tell us if the attched LBSF.BGL above- or any files in the package linked above- were edited using a HEX editor after compiled by the MSFS SDK fspackagetool.

GaryGB

Country
us-illinois
Hi Stancho123:

As I await your further reply to my quoted inquiry (perhaps by editing your post above ?), I confirmed where FSDT GSX support is:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/board,73.0.html?PHPSESSID=0mblnqeva33edm6jq20a749rmr

I recommend that you and the OP for this thread post your questions there, as you will find that Virtuali is extremely knowledgeable.

AFAIK, it is likely that others here at FS Developer may have an interest in how to work around some of the issues GSX may cause.

But, I believe that such info should first come from Virtuali so that it is fully compatible with what GSX requires to work properly.

PS: Generally speaking, it is best to post your inquiries and concerns with payware add-ons first ...at the author's own support forum.

And, IMHO:

* one must ask payware authors first for permission to post / modify ANY files from their add-on packages in a public forum

* one should ask freeware authors first for permission to post / modify ANY files from their add-on packages in a public forum

GaryGB

Last edited:
Are Payware airports actually modifiable? I found its much much more difficult than back in the P3d days. Most of the time after modifying the ADE you will have issues with buildings disappearing etc. I would love some help

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
It is possible to modify airport created by third parties. Generally using the Create Project From MSFS Bgl Menu option

1668266015356.png

Having said that it is not as easy as FSX/P3D.