• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Change airport approach

Country
italy
Hi all, what I'd need is to change the approach path, followed by AI aircrafts landing to an airport nestled in the mountains.
I've searched and read something here in the forum, but I really don't understand how to do it. Consider that I don't know what is or what it means for FS, an ILS Approach or FAF or Star Approach.
The situation is as follows:
FS9
AI aircraft: the newly released JYAI_AW139 and may be other helicopters or slow-mover GA aircraft
Airport: Trento Mattarello - LIDT. There is a nice addon available on Avsim.
If possible, I need 2 or 3 "turning" points where the aircraft is istructed to follow a certain route, at a given altitude.

Thanks in advance, Giorgio

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

First, you can designate three things in the MAIN SECTION of the ILS approach (not in any of the legs)- the IAF point (i.e. navaid or waypoint) , the altitude of the aircraft at that point, and the heading the aircraft will take from that IAF (the planes will approach the IAF from all degrees of the compass). Then the next "point" is the point at which the plane intersects the extended centerline of the landing runway - it will turn and follow the runway course to the runway. The plane will be descending from the IAF to the runway.

Country
italy
Hi Tom, thanks for answering.
In these days I give it a try, taking inspiration from a couple of modified approaches, released time ago in MAIW packages. I've learned and understand something new, but the learning curve is still long.
I added an ILS Approach for RWY18 at LIDT. Aircraft coming from south, lands correctly, not those coming from South-East.
I don't know if this could depend by the airport from which the AC is coming from. Both airports are inside the visual zone of the target airport. LIPX is 39 NM South; LIDA is 18 NM South-East
I have to proceed with other test to fully understand how it works.
Hope to have enough time in the next days.

Thanks again, Giorgio