• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Change object angle

Country
unitedstates
I'm lost as how to change angle of the part in pink. Need to follow the blue line..
Screen Shot 05-13-21 at 10.14 PM.PNG

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

In the hierarchy editor you can modify the transformation of each model part. If you right click on the transformation of the node you can change the values.

Country
unitedstates
Hi,

In the hierarchy editor you can modify the transformation of each model part. If you right click on the transformation of the node you can change the values.
Do you mean here? If so how can I find what each change will do?
Thanks
Screen Shot 05-15-21 at 09.30 AM.PNG

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

No, this node has no transformations (the number of (#) transformations is zero). What you highlight is the bounding box.

If this is the part you want to rotate, you would have to right click on # transformation and add a new transformation. Afterwards you can modify the translation and rotation of that transformation.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Does the ModelPart underneath that have a transformation?

Country
unitedstates
I think I got it.
Thanks
No I don't understand. I keep getting told to rotate but don't understand how. I try using the rotate but don't see what I'm rotating. I highlight the part but it doesn't seem to move.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

Here is how to rotate a part:

1. Start the Hierarchy Editor and make sure Highlight Selected is checked. Find the part in the left pane (outlined in blue below). It will turn red. If it doesn't turn red, you haven't selected the correct part.
2. Right click the #Transformation word and choose Add Transformation.

mcx_add_transformation.jpg

Now right click the resulting Transformation word and choose Edit Transformation:

mcx_edit_transformation.jpg

Now in the Editor that pops up, change the value in the X Rotation box. Positive is the direction you want (in this model, yours may be different?). I used 6 here.

mcx_transformation_editor.jpg

The result is that the rear of the nacelle has been rotated upward.

mcx_transformation_result.jpg

You can also edit the Y Translation number to move the object up and down.

You cannot see the movement as you enter the numbers, you will have to use trial and error.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Hi,

Here is how to rotate a part:

1. Start the Hierarchy Editor and make sure Highlight Selected is checked. Find the part in the left pane (outlined in blue below). It will turn red. If it doesn't turn red, you haven't selected the correct part.
2. Right click the #Transformation word and choose Add Transformation.

View attachment 73462

Now right click the resulting Transformation word and choose Edit Transformation:

View attachment 73461

Now in the Editor that pops up, change the value in the X Rotation box. Positive is the direction you want (in this model, yours may be different?). I used 6 here.

View attachment 73460

The result is that the rear of the nacelle has been rotated upward.

View attachment 73459

You can also edit the Y Transformation number to move the object up and down.

You cannot see the movement as you enter the numbers, you will have to use trial and error.

Hope this helps,
Thanks for the explanation makes more sense now