Check for Current ADE Version

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
The attached is a small utility that can be used to get the current ADE version. This may be useful for users with versions prior to the current production version (1.75) since the on-line update check will report they are up to date when they are not. It is trivially easy to use. Just run it and click Check, and after a second or two you should get the current version. If the check fails then you should get an error message.

1526475172538.png

Attachments

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
latest version - does not look at your local copy at all - gets the data from a file I upload. I struggled to work out what to call it - current latest version? If anyone can come up with a better description then please say so :)

Where can I get the manual update?
EDIT: I found it!
Can I nevertheless wate for the next automatic update because I have no problems with the version 6704 ?

Last edited:

=rk=

Resource contributor
latest version - does not look at your local copy at all - gets the data from a file I upload. I struggled to work out what to call it - current latest version? If anyone can come up with a better description then please say so :)
Maybe "most recent build."

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
You can wait on the next automatic update if you have no issues with the current one. Thanks for the suggestions Rick and Doug - I think that sounds better and more descriptive

Loaded and ran this and get result "Most recent version is 1.76.6708 etc".

My ADE reports that it is 1.76.6709. Am I ahead of myself?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
No you aren't ahead - you are using the updated executable to fix the display problem. Also this is under test so the result being delivered may not be right for some people. I will update it when I release the next 'official update'