Choosing options in Makemdl

Hi All,

I have been converting a fs2k2 scenery to fs2k4. The complaints I have been getting have been about crash detection. In the 2k2 bgl creation, Options were available to turn this off during export. I would also like to keep the files if able. I am getting an automatic creation of the XML file and the MDL file which is all well and good... but I want those Options :banghead: . Any Help would be appreciated. Let me know if any info is needed.

Steve

rhumbaflappy

Staff member
Resource contributor
Hi Steve.

Visit the Moriarty Industries and obtain the freeware MDL Commander.

http://hometown.aol.de/_ht_a/docmoriarty3/fs2002/en

This will allow you to use the check boxes for MakeMDL... and allow you to turn off the crash detection for the MDL.

Alternately, you can make a makemdl.cfg file with notepad:

Keep=1
Crash=0

... will cause MakeMDL to save the ASM files and also disable crash detection. The makemdl.cfg will be in the same folder as makemdl.exe.

Here's a list of cfg options ( might not be complete )... some may need the DEBUG=1 set first:

Crash
Crash2
Vis
Parts Visible Test
IFVIS Clip Test
BREAK
Break
DEBUG
Debug
SwapBH
Swap Bank And Heading
r
NoLeftToRight
z
NegateZ
DamageMap
HasDamageMap
LightMap
HasLightMap
NightMap
lm
HasNightMap
rm
ReflectMap
HasReflectMap
NoAnimate
No Animations
Flat
Flatten
Optimize
Info
GenInfo
DLL
Write Dll
b
Batch
Batch Mode
Weld
WeldPoints
SpecularCanopy
Specular Canopy Hack
DefFallback
Default Fallback
Default Fallback Color
FullMat
Use Full Material
SoftMat
Soft Image Material
TexPage
Texture Page Hack
i
Ignore Bad Normals
i8
Ignore Bad Triggers
il
Ignore Libraries
Keep
Keep Files
KeepErrorLog
View
View Model
ViewBGL
View BGL
ViewLog
View Error Log

Or... not really recommended... you can rename the "makemdl.parts.xml" as "makemdl.parts.xml.old"... and MakeMDL will show an error, and then you can continue and use the checkboxes.

Dick

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
And for everybody reading this thread, but unable to get it to work (just like me), don't forget to put [Options] at the start of your cfg file. Else it will not work :).

So your file could look like this:

Code:
[Options]
Keep=1