• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Click Events 'Proper English' ;)

Country
us-arizona
Hey guys,

So lets say, I wish to have;
Click Type
Click Kind
Click

Would I write it something like this?

<Area Left="645" Right="702" Top="107" Bottom="135">
<Tooltip>TOOLTIPTEXT_AUTOPILOT_ALTITUDE_HOLD</Tooltip>
<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
<Click Event="AP_ALT_HOLD"/>
<Click Kind="LeftClick+Leave"/> <<<<This is what I want in it
</Area>

Its not working for me and I would like it to have this on/off feature, mouse-on-click, then off.

Bill

Country
us-arizona
While I am on the subject for proper 'English' spelling ettiquette for Clickings...

How would one write multiple click commands.

For instance, would they be each in seperate Parenthesis? or would you add brackets? ( and )?

In the tutorials by gauge guru Nick Pike, he shows extended use of (M:Event) followed by a command key sequence, then in the next row, a repeat of (M:Event for the next one.

This is not for if-else equasions, but simply for activating a system, and running/managing operations of button works. (For instance, acitivate/deactivate Altitude Lock, but I wish for the 'button' to only 'blink' on when you select it, then it would turn off. Same with tapping the Increase/Decrease Altitude and Increase Decrease Attitude roccer buttons).

So.. Could one write them easily as like this?

<!-- ====== ALTITUDE HOLD ====== -->

<Tooltip>AUTOPILOT ALTITUDE LOCK</Tooltip>
<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
<Click Event="AP_ALT_HOLD+(L:BlinkButton, bool)"/>
<Click Kind="LeftClick+Leave"/>
</Area>

Or are there better more easy ways to write them, or....?

Also, when you have the <Click Kind="Leave"/> , would that emmediately shut something off that you would just be turning on?

Bill

Last edited:

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
You ask too many questions in one post, and that makes if very difficult to reply... ;)

I thought we'd already covered how to script "multiple things happening with one mouse click..."

You simply list what you want done sequentially, as shown in the snippet below:

Code:
<!-- ATT TEST Button -->
	<Area Left="161" Top="534" Width="54" Height="55">
		<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
		<Click>
                   1 (>L:ATTTestButton,bool) 
                   0 (>G:Var7) 
                   0 (>L:ATTTest,bool) 
                </Click>
	</Area>

Also, you need to decide which 'flavor of XML' you are wanting. FS9 and FSX have two completely different syntax structures!

Code:
<!-- ====== ALTITUDE HOLD ====== -->

<Tooltip>AUTOPILOT ALTITUDE LOCK</Tooltip>
   <Cursor Type="Hand"/>
   <Click Kind="LeftClick + Leave"/>
	(M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 ==  
	   if{ 
               (>K:AP_ALT_HOLD)
               1 (>L:BlinkButton, bool)
             }
        (M:Event) 'Leave' scmp 0 ==
           if{
               0 (>L:BlinkButton, bool)
             }
    </Click>
</Area>

Last edited:

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Hey guys,

So lets say, I wish to have;
Click Type
Click Kind
Click

Would I write it something like this?

<Click Event="AP_ALT_HOLD"/>
<Click Kind="LeftClick+Leave"/> <<<<This is what I

Absolutely not! ;)

Where you are getting confused is that you can have only ONE "<Click>" in any given <Area...>

The "other stuff" are options that may be specified following the <Click Option1 Option2> entry.

<Click Event> is a special case that may only be used with 'stock FS key_events' such as:

<Click Event="TOGGLE_BEACON_LIGHTS"/>

Use of <Click Event=...../> will not allow you to add any options though. :)