FS2004 Closed Airport

I wanted to reactiv an closed Airport or Airfield. First I am a newcomer with working with the ADE 175 for the FS2004. I have built the new reactived Airport: When I am starting the fs I am finding only the new taxisigns and
Buildings. No new Taxiways or parkingplaces and so on. What have I wrong done ?

Have you created an airport background?

"Add poylgon" (from menu bar icons)
Type: Airport background
Tag : Flatten Mask Class Map ExcludeAutogen
No I havn't. I loaded the Airport with the designer PRG. And I built on this closed airport my new "fantasy" Taxiways and runways and others.
Thannk you for helping ! I will see !!

If you come back to this forum, please attach your .ad4 file as it exists at the time. Also please explain what you mean by "I loaded the Airport with the designer PRG".

If you come back to this forum, please attach your .ad4 file as it exists at the time. Also please explain what you mean by "I loaded the Airport with the designer PRG".
Thank you for you answer. So sorry because I must translate it and sometimes is my englsih not so good.
I mean that I have loaded the airport with the ADE 170 Designer over : File/open Stock Airport
Here is the attach file of my airport. greetings from GER

Attachments

Black Baron,
I have looked at your .ad4 file - done no changes and Compiled (for FSX). Put the .bgl file into \Addon Scenery\scenery and, in FSX, everything shows up as expected.

Have you succeeded with any other airfields?

There are lots of errors in your layout - you should look at these and change the details as required. Use 'Tools' > 'Fault Finder'.

Black Baron,
I have looked at your .ad4 file - done no changes and Compiled (for FSX). Put the .bgl file into \Addon Scenery\scenery and, in FSX, everything shows up as expected.

There are lots of errors in your layout - you should look at these and change the details as required. Use 'Tools' > 'Fault Finder'.
Thank you for helping. No , this is my first work with the designer. One Qustion. I have only the FS2004 - because I have a lot of planes and others
Here is your airport in FS2004 - looks fine to me.

View attachment 51051
Thanks so lot ! But I couldn't find my scenery on my FS2004. Do you have an idear how I can find it and start my scenery ??

Black Baron,

Thanks to lot for helping !! By the way to you know how can I have more "generic Buildings and Library Objects" for my AFD ?
I find a way to take the errors away ! But I couldn't find my scenery on my FS2004 - no entering on my "addon scenery" at the FS2004.
When I can work with the designer I hope to reaktiv or to make better some airfields and airports.

tgibson

Resource contributor
"Addon Scenery" is only for FS2000 scenery and earlier. Your scenery is combined with the default airports. Just use Go To Airport and enter ETUR, as you would any other airport. It will take you to your modified airport if the ADE BGL file is in an active scenery folder.

"Addon Scenery" is only for FS2000 scenery and earlier.
Sorry Tom but this is a strange statement that I would like to query.

I have a folder "\FSX\Addon Scenery which contains "scenery" and "texture" folders in which I place some of my sceneries. I also put specific scenery folders e.g. KMIA into this folder so I have "\FSX\Addon Scenery\KMIA\scenery( and texture).

Can you explain your statement?

Tom,
OK - I see what you are referring to - I haven't even noticed that facility before.
My reference to "Addon Scenery" was to suggest to 'Black baron' where to store his compiled BGL but it sounds as if he was looking for it using the method you have described.

Guenther,
sorry but I was trying to help in this topic and, as it often does, it gets side-tracked - I will keep away. It is always the same here if you don't exactly specify what you are suggesting a user to do - it is easy to assume that a user has more knowledge than he/she actually has!

Sorry Tom but this is a strange statement that I would like to query.

I have a folder "\FSX\Addon Scenery which contains "scenery" and "texture" folders in which I place some of my sceneries. I also put specific scenery folders e.g. KMIA into this folder so I have "\FSX\Addon Scenery\KMIA\scenery( and texture).

Can you explain your statement?
Sorry my mistake : I am working with ADE 170 not 175. I beleve that is a problem when the the program is creating the new scnery file.
Here you can see how I workend :
File open / Compile ( Compile Folder : comile : to addon Scenery and Save Xml : with bgl file close
then : compile Answer "Airport compiled" thats all what I have done. The result : the new scenery file cound't find from the FS2004 when I want to Add it in the AddonScenery.

tgibson

Resource contributor
If you did not compile the BGL file direction to Addon Scenery/scenery, you need to find it and paste it into there.