Collada vs MCX - Textures not shown

I am absolutely new to Blender. I am following this tutorial (
) and exporting as Collada (.dae) and also as Wavefront (.obj). In MCX, when I open the .dae (Collada) file, the texture is not shown. When I open the .obj (Wavefront) file the texture is shown but the 3d object is not standing. All the files are in the attached file Building.zip. I need help, please.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hello...

When you are exporting from Blender - you will need to tell blender what you are exporting... What I mean is that you need to select "All" in object mode then export.

Concerning exporting to OBJ file: Make sure the settings are correct (see image). The Forward and Up fields.

2020-02-15 08_23_43-Window.png

Hello...

When you are exporting from Blender - you will need to tell blender what you are exporting... What I mean is that you need to select "All" in object mode then export.

Concerning exporting to OBJ file: Make sure the settings are correct (see image). The Forward and Up fields.

View attachment 54837
Pyscen, thanks a lot! The exporting is working properly now.

Ok, now the MCX imports the .dae and shows the 3d model with .bmp textures applied to it. Great! Now I want to export the 3d model to Prepar3d v4.5 but there isn't in MCX a selection to export for version 4.5 yet . Someone have a solution or tip for that? Remember that I need a solution that generates the GUID for the 3d model. I'll appreciate any help.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Just replace what it would be for v4.4 with the v4.5 equivalent files... and everything will be fine.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Congrats! You got it! Since you do have knowledge with GMax/ 3ds Max,... You shouldn't have to much trouble with Blender.

What about night textures? There is in Blender a way to assign a self-illumination map like 'nnnn_lm.BMP' for FSX/P3D or 'nnnn_lit.PNG' for X-Plane?

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Those might be exported, but may not be placed in the designated slots within MCX. If not you can with MCX for XP or P3D manually.

I managed to include the night texture in the MCX, but how to save this change? When I open the 3d model again the night texture is not in the model. I exported as bgl, but the night texture did not appear

Pyscen

Resource contributor
After you have manually placed the emissive textures (that is the slot you should be placing them), re-save as a model (picture below).

2020-02-20 08_21_29-Window.png

Then go try placing it in a bgl. If this does not work, you might need to give more information about how you are saving etc.

Great tip, Pyscen! I got it! Thank you!

Let me explain what I did:
1) In MCX, I opened the Collada file.
2) Using the Material Editor tool, I included the "_lm.bmp" night texture in Emissive Texture slot.
3) I exported the model as Collada by overwriting the original Collada file. I closed the MCX.
4) I fired up MCX again and opened the new Collada file. The model maintained the night texture. Hip! Hip! Hurra!
5) Using the Wizards tool, I converted and positioned the model in the P3D world. That is, I generated the .bgl file.
6) I started up the P3D v4.5 and went to position where my model should to be. Yes, It was there. I changed the time of day to night and the night texture came to life as shown in the attached image.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
In number 3,... I'm sure you didn't mean that you exported as a Collada file, but anyway you got it working!