• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Collada vs MCX - Textures not shown

Country
brazil
I am absolutely new to Blender. I am following this tutorial (
) and exporting as Collada (.dae) and also as Wavefront (.obj). In MCX, when I open the .dae (Collada) file, the texture is not shown. When I open the .obj (Wavefront) file the texture is shown but the 3d object is not standing. All the files are in the attached file Building.zip. I need help, please.

Attachments

• MCX dae.jpg
    MCX dae.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Log MCX dae.jpg
    Log MCX dae.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 107
  • MCX obj.jpg
    MCX obj.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Log MCX obj.jpg
    Log MCX obj.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Building.zip
    447.5 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello...

When you are exporting from Blender - you will need to tell blender what you are exporting... What I mean is that you need to select "All" in object mode then export.

Concerning exporting to OBJ file: Make sure the settings are correct (see image). The Forward and Up fields.

2020-02-15 08_23_43-Window.png

Country
brazil
Thank you, Pyscen. I am travelling now and as soon I back home I will try your tips.

Country
israel
Also download the latest version of mcx (development release )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
brazil
Hello...

When you are exporting from Blender - you will need to tell blender what you are exporting... What I mean is that you need to select "All" in object mode then export.

Concerning exporting to OBJ file: Make sure the settings are correct (see image). The Forward and Up fields.

View attachment 54837

Pyscen, thanks a lot! The exporting is working properly now.

Country
brazil
Ok, now the MCX imports the .dae and shows the 3d model with .bmp textures applied to it. Great! Now I want to export the 3d model to Prepar3d v4.5 but there isn't in MCX a selection to export for version 4.5 yet . Someone have a solution or tip for that? Remember that I need a solution that generates the GUID for the 3d model. I'll appreciate any help.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Just replace what it would be for v4.4 with the v4.5 equivalent files... and everything will be fine.

Country
brazil
Ok, It's working! Thanks a lot! Now It's time to learn Blender and make it the unique modeling tool for P3D and X-Plane. My modeling knowlege is with gmax/3ds Max for while.

Attachments

• KPWK MCX 04.jpg
    KPWK MCX 04.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 105
  • KPWK MCX 05.jpg
    KPWK MCX 05.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 125

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Congrats! You got it! Since you do have knowledge with GMax/ 3ds Max,... You shouldn't have to much trouble with Blender.

Country
brazil
What about night textures? There is in Blender a way to assign a self-illumination map like 'nnnn_lm.BMP' for FSX/P3D or 'nnnn_lit.PNG' for X-Plane?

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Those might be exported, but may not be placed in the designated slots within MCX. If not you can with MCX for XP or P3D manually.

Country
brazil
I managed to include the night texture in the MCX, but how to save this change? When I open the 3d model again the night texture is not in the model. I exported as bgl, but the night texture did not appear

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
After you have manually placed the emissive textures (that is the slot you should be placing them), re-save as a model (picture below).

2020-02-20 08_21_29-Window.png

Then go try placing it in a bgl. If this does not work, you might need to give more information about how you are saving etc.

Country
brazil
Great tip, Pyscen! I got it! Thank you!

Let me explain what I did:
1) In MCX, I opened the Collada file.
2) Using the Material Editor tool, I included the "_lm.bmp" night texture in Emissive Texture slot.
3) I exported the model as Collada by overwriting the original Collada file. I closed the MCX.
4) I fired up MCX again and opened the new Collada file. The model maintained the night texture. Hip! Hip! Hurra!
5) Using the Wizards tool, I converted and positioned the model in the P3D world. That is, I generated the .bgl file.
6) I started up the P3D v4.5 and went to position where my model should to be. Yes, It was there. I changed the time of day to night and the night texture came to life as shown in the attached image.

Attachments

• 06 mcx wizard convert gbl p3d v4.jpg
    06 mcx wizard convert gbl p3d v4.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 09 mcx model no P3D v4.jpg
    09 mcx model no P3D v4.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
In number 3,... I'm sure you didn't mean that you exported as a Collada file, but anyway you got it working!